My husband and I stayed at this resort for a marriage retreat/ski weekend. We stayed in the "golf side" of the hotel. There are two sides, mountain view and golf view. We checked in on Friday night and found our room very nice. I overheard that the rooms were recently (a year ago) redone. There is NO elevator in the golf side of the hotel, so note if you are on the second floor. We didn't have any trouble hauling our luggage up and down. Also, the parking lot is not very close to these rooms.
As for the hotel room, check out the pictures. All the rooms are very nicely decorated and kept warm. We had a connected balcony with views (over the building) to the mountain. The bathroom was nicely updated and there were even heat lamps!
As far as the resort, it was a snowy weekend, so PERFECT! Rental prices were a bit high. With our group rate, it was still $186 for access to the entire mountain and rentals for two. The restaurants were okay. We ate at the tavern on the green for most lunches. It was a better option and prices were MUCH better. The included breakfast was just okay. They had the typical continental options, plus pre-made eggs, soggy bacon and sausage.
Overall, I was happy with the stay. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was adequate. The resort was fun for skiing. We skied on Sunday morning and went snow tubing the night before. Snow tubing was tons of fun. The lanes were VERY slick, so we were only about to tube one at a time. We went tubing for two hours and the lines weren't overly long. Later evenings are less crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Liberty Mountain Resort is a four season resort located 8 miles south of Gettysburg, PA. Visitors to the resort will enjoy the beautiful mountain setting and multiple activities and amenities. The resort features skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing in the winter months, and an 18 hole championship golf course and huge mountainside outdoor pool in the summer. Year round, the resort's multiple picturesque venues and onsite restaurants and catering, make it the perfect location for weddings, conferences and social and business gatherings. Currently under construction and scheduled to open in the fall of 2015, the Highland Lodge will expand the resorts offerings to include 2 new restaurants, 17 additional hotel rooms and suites, an indoor pool and more social and meeting space. Whether you enjoy skiing, snowboarding, golfing or just relaxing; you'll find Liberty Mountain Resort is a wonderful getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Liberty Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Mountain Resort & Carroll Valley Golf Hotel Carroll Valley
- Liberty Mountain Resort And Carroll Valley Golf