“Carnegie's Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Carnegie's Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had heard some nice things about Bob's Diner. So, I suggested to my hubby that we give it a try. We were so pleased with the meals that we each had. My hubby enjoyed the corned beef hash, fried red skinned potatoes, sunny-side up eggs, and Mancini's Italian bread. I enjoyed the Rachel. Ohhhh, my, did I enjoy that sandwich. I ignored the potato chips and pickle on my plate! The sandwich was so good that I licked my fingers. Oh yes! The iced tea was made with real tea. The wait staff as well as the cooks were friendly and willing to talk when they weren't busy. We will return!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Sarasota, FL
“Bob's Diner, real good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Their sign doesn't lie. Food is quickly served fresh off the griddle and is so good. And they serve Mancini's! Can't go wrong with that.
I had the Reuben and my boyfriend had a breakfast combo. It was so much food, he had leftovers. (that is a rarity)
But overall, great place to eat

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, WV
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband and I were visiting the Carnegie area of Pittsburgh and were looking for a good place for breakfast. We found a review of Bob's Diner online and decided to give it a try. My husband and I secured the last table on a busy Saturday morning. I had the Mancini Raisin French Toast and my husband had Bob’s Bountiful Breakfast, two farm fresh eggs, cooked to your liking, served with a side of Bob’s homefries, choice of toast, and choice of triple cured bacon, jumbo link sausage, hot sausage or slice of ham. Our good country breakfasts plus coffee cost less than $15. We enjoyed our breakfast so much that we went back the next morning.
Staff was friendly and service was quick. This is not a gourmet spot, but if you want a good country breakfast this is the spot.

• Visited March 2012