“CLEAN HOTEL!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Carnegie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“CLEAN HOTEL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been staying at the Extended Stay America in Carnegie for 5 months now. It was fully renovated in the summer and the hotel is absolutely beautiful. The rooms are very clean. I have stayed at several hotels during my travels and this hotel is without the cleanest. It is conveniently located off of the highway and very centrally located. The staff always go above and beyond to make me feel at home and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and several of my co-workers are staying here as well. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Dawn F,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is so great to hear your comments in regards to the rooms and the renovation. We really appreciate the feedback and it is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying your newly renovated room. I am so happy to hear about the staff as they all take such great pride in providing great customer service. That is what we strive for! Thank you again for your continued loyalty!

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Extended Stay America in Carnegie 3 times so far. Every experience seems to be even better than the last one. The hotel is extremely clean and since the renovation it looks even better. The staff and especially the manager there is amazing and I will continue on staying at this hotel when I come into town to see the Steelers. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone. Thank you again and keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: Very clean rooms! Every room I have stayed in has been great!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear John P,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stays with Extended Stay America- Carnegie. I'm thrilled that you have enjoyed the recent renovation that we did. We are very please with all of the changes and feedback that we have received. We love hearing reviews like yours and the fact that you like the renovation as much as we do. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been staying at this property for a few months now working in the area. I would like to recognize all of the staff. They have really made me feel at home and part of the family! They have all gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome and comfortable. I do enjoy the new breakfast, however if I had to give any suggestions, I would suggest more of a selection. Thanks to the entire staff and manager!!

Room Tip: Hotel was recently renovated! Rooms are great and clean!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for Extended Stay America- Carnegie. It's great to hear that you enjoy the staff so much and they have given you the "home away from home", feeling. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. Thank you for your feedback on the breakfast. We will definitely pass your comments on about the breakfast to the corporate office. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America- Carnegie. Enjoy the rest of your stay!!!
California, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

My family and I, (Husband and Mother-in-Law) had to make an emergency trip after my Huabands' uncle passed away. We booked the room about two hours before our anticipated arrival in town. We got the King sized studio because we knew we would be in town for approximately ten days. We got into town much later than expected. I went to call the hotel to let them know we were still coming. Word of advice: always have your confirmation number on hand. They cannot look up your reservation by your name through the 800 number, which was slightly annoying, but whatever.

Once we got to the hotel, which was easy to get to off the Interstate, we waited for about fifteen minutes before someone checked us in. The lobby looked great, as if it had recently been renovated. Everything smelled fresh and clean.

Once in our room, everything looked great. Everything was new and clean. The King sized bed was comfortable. The pullout was a completely different story. It was as if someone put fabric over a bunch of springs. My husband and I woke up each morning with sore spots all over from the springs and some of the worst back aches ever. I just had back surgery, so I ended up sleeping in the same bed as my MIL and my husband took the cushions off the couch and just slept on them on the floor until we borrowed an air mattress from a friend.

Our toilet also ran for our entire stay. We told the staff at the front desk several times, but no one ever came to fix it. The air conditioner in our room was great. It cooled the room almost instantly. The only downside was that the pullout was located right next to the AC unit and it got very cold.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, outside of the toilet thing. Fair warning: unlike in other hotels, room service isn't included. There's a card in the bathroom that talks about the two different cleaning styles, both of which said they are offered for a charge. We just kept up on the cleaning ourselves. We went to the front desk to get new towels and anything else we needed, which was fine with us.

There are a lot of places to eat within 15 minutes of the hotel without ever going into Downtown Pittsburgh, but we are originally from Pittsburgh, so it wasn't hard to find anything, but a quick search in a search engine could get you just about anywhere. You are going to find a lot of hole in the wall restaurants which has some of the best Pittsburgh food ever,but there are the standard places to eat.

The location of the hotel isn't too bad. I never felt unsafe. Parking is ample. There's also no breed or size restrictions, so any and all 4 legged friends are welcome. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments about your stay with us at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and a comfortable stay. With this in mind, I am extremely pleased to hear that you thought the staff was attentive and helpful. As well, our company thought long and hard on our hotel location; it is rewarding to know that we chose correctly, and are considered to be in a great place.

I did want to address your other comments. Let me begin by saying that I hope your back is better now and I am sorry for the discomfort you experienced right after having back surgery. The sofa beds are built with comfort in mind, so it was disconcerting to hear that they did not meet your expectations. I am having maintenance check the one in your room as well as the toilet issue you mentioned. Our goal is to ensure that these situations do not happen again.

Please contact us if you are ever back in the area, we would love to have you as our guest again. Thank you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie? Share your experiences!