“An overnight in Carlisle, Pa” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Hartsdale, New York
“An overnight in Carlisle, Pa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I recently drove from New Yok to Arizona and return, on the road for 26 days, and overnighting
in a total of 17 motels, all during the month of May. They varied in price from just under $50 to $200+ (Monument VAlley) per night. While we found it to be generally true that you get what you pay for, we found an amazing exception at the Rodeway Inn In Carlisle, Pa.

Having once been strongly disappointed at a "low-priced" motel in another town, I asked to see the room before checking in, and to my deliight, found the room to be beautifully decorated, clean, bright and roomy, and with no road sounds. We did check in, and had a wonderfully comfortable and quiet night. An added plus, having arrived there at about 8:00PM, and hungary, the manager told us of a first rate restaurant nearby that served late, and was still almost full of people when we arrived.The manager was very responsive to our needs and added to the pleasure of our stay

The continental breakfast was typical of others we had exerienced, adequate and OK.

So what made it such a good deal that I would take the time to write this? The room compared favorably with $100 rooms I had just experienced, (and with similar continental breakfasts) and was among the least expensive of my entire trip. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone!.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Vinay S, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you Jerry for taking your time out of your day to share your views with all of us on Tripadvisor. Our staff prides on exceeding the expectations of our guests. We all at Rodeway Inn look forward to welcome you once again to your next visit. Till then, good luck and best wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here one night and it was a nightmare. In Carlisle for the Ford show, found this hotel on The the shows website. It is a standard overnight motel. Left our suit cases in the room and went to dinner, came back and tried to settle in for the night. The carpet was dirty, the batroom floor was dirty and there were dead bugs on the window ledge. Should have packed up and left but we were exhausted and stuck it out. Hardley slept waiting for creepy crawlers in the bed. Checked out in the morning and complained to the manager who was very appologetic and gave us a 50% refund. He said he could not keep housekeepers if he complained about their work. If I were him I would clean the rooms myself. Never again !!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont bother not a good choice. Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Vinay S, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I am writing to thank you for taking time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide best customers service possible to our guests at all times. Therefore, it idisappointing to learn that you are not happy. Please accept my sincere apology.

The issues raised has been taken very seriously and appropriate action has been taken against the responsible. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused and again, I thank you for taking time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed at Rodeway Inn in Carlisle, PA in March. Front desk service was awesome and very polite. Price was standard rate. The room I stayed in on the other hand was a messy nightmare. Whoever was supposed to clean the room, simply didn't. There were chicken wings on the bed. The towels and wash cloths were dirty and wet on the floor. The bed sheets were dirty andnot changed from the previous renter(s). Simply put, the wait staff didn't do anything to the room. When I approached the desk clerk, he was very apologetic and immediately went and verified what I had told him. He was visibly upset about it and offered me another room. That aside, the previous times (numerous) I was there, even though clean, the rooms are all very dingy and old looking. The staff is admirable for what they obviously have to deal with, ie., owners unwilling or unable to upgrade to the 21st century compared to other Rodeway Inns around the country. Overall, cheap price, dingy rooms, great staff, but needs an upgrade badly. If you stay there, be very careful and check your room CAREFULLY.

• Stayed March 2014
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2014

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Brad Shah, GM
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My second year in a row staying at this motel and still a great experience. Friendly staff, great rooms & close to the fairgrounds and go karts. Couldn't ask for a more convenient place to stay & would absolutely stay again

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your positive comments, Your compliments say it all !! Other than fairground, Carlisle has 18 attractions, incredible history and tradition. We have unbelievable amounts of historical places around and community has a great sense of pride. Next time you visit, please go on site Visitors Bureau of Cumberland Valley 'visitcumberlandvalley.com.

Once again thank you for your review.

BRAD SHAH, GM
Garfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

It was last minute and I needed to find something for one night at a decent rate. So, Roadway Inn fit the bill. I didn't know know that this decision was one of the best decisions I have ever made!!!!

I have stayed at Marriott's, W Hotels, Wyndham's, etc. and maybe the Roadway doesn't have that beautiful exterior but the service was completely exceptional!!! The rooms are extremely clean.

Not only that, Brad, The Manager, was more than welcoming the moment I walked up to the front desk. He made sure that my stay was extremely comfortable. The staff also exuded his kindness and attentiveness.

Because of my experience, every time I visit Carlisle, I always stay with my family at Roadway Inn!!!!
Rhea Luyando

• Stayed April 2014
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I instantly thank you for your excellent rievew. I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the statements you made on our performance review. Thank you for noticing our efforts. I will ensure to make your next visit even more comfortable and delightful.

Most Sincerely,

BRAD SHAH
Glassport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

3rd stay for Carlisle P&S show. Clean rooms & friendly staff. Close to fairgrounds & walking distance to go-karts, always a plus! See you next July!!
...........................................................................

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking your time out of your day to share your views with all of us on Tripadvisor. Our staff prides on exceeding the expectations of our guests. I lookforward to welcome you once again to your next visit. Till then, good luck and best wishes.

Brad Shah, GM
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Have been going to performance and style for years this is the only place I stay good prices nice rooms owner and staff are top notch and friendly close to fairgrounds will only do business here only parking is ok first come first serve but you will always have a place to park like I said you do have great staff best I've been around with all my many travels

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!