“Comfortable and friendly place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
East Orange, New Jersey
“Comfortable and friendly place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I visit the city of Carlisle several times a year. Rodeway Inn is reasonably priced and has not so bad breakfast. When I go to the lobby I feel like I'm at home from the warm welcome from the receptionist Tatiana, If I have to stop nearby I'll most likely choose Rodeway Inn.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New Stanton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We are return customers. We have good service and the front desk staff treats us well. Brad is always there asking how we have been.
If we need anything he takes care of us..
We checked into a non smoking room and there was no smell.
The pool is nice and the water is clean. Seats for everyone.
We like to take a dip to cool off when we are there.
Breakfast on the weekend was good waffles, toast, eggs, cereal and the other usual breakfast food.
the price is right and the rooms are decent.

Room Tip: try not to get a room near the busy front office where people check in and out. I don't care whe...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I've been staying at this hotel ever week for nine months general manager Brad Shah and he's staff fast and nice. The rooms are clean and neat and cleaning staff does a good job. Outdoor pool is clean. They really need to get a on site gym.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you Jamie, I truly appreciate your mentioning the facts about our hotel., without it we are unable to work towards bettering our property to exceeds expectations and comforts of our guests. I will definitely relay your thoughtful sentiments to our dedicated and hard working colleagues here. I will look forward to your next stay with us.

Brad Shah, GM
Scotia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I normally make reservations when traveling, but I didn't know where I was going to stop, so I took a chance on finding a place to stay. The Rodeway was convenient and definitely not crowded, it being nine o'clock on a cold Sunday night. I happened to pick up a motel coupon book along the way and it turned out this Rodeway was in the book. Price a little less than $40. Since this was the least I've paid in years, I hesitated to see the room, but I should not have worried.

Turns out that the room was clean, had no odors, had all the usual accouterments, and the heat worked very well. The bed was lumpy but I found a good spot in it and slept through the night. I didn't use the shower, but noted that it was a one-piece tub and shower that was fairly new and clean. As a matter of fact, everything in the room was fairly new except the two chairs at the table. They were unsteady and one of them had been crudely repaired.

Breakfast was not bad. I was surprised to get any breakfast at all, considering the price. It featured a waffle maker, cereals, two kinds of toast, coffee and juices.

The only problem was the electronic door key. It didn't work because the door lock needed a new battery. After a couple of trips to the office, I was switched to another room. And, by the way, the room was not handicapped accessible. There was about a four-inch step to get in the door.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Sir, Thank you very much for your positive comments. I appreciate your time taken. I lookforward to see you again.

BRAD SHAH
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I do stop in that hotel on my way from Québec, Canada, to Marietta, Georgia. I like it, Nice and clean, price is OK and staff very friendly. Same as almost all Choice privilege hotels, the continental breakfast is OK and good. I will stop there again on my way back to Georgie in January 2014.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I travel a lot, and spend many nights in th full variety of choice properties. This is by far the nicest rodeway property i have stayed in. The 38 dollar price is a steal for the room. They have invested much money into keeping the older, former knights inn property updated enough. The internet is great and they even have a free breakfast. Our room, 208, was clean in the areas you needed. The only.minor thing was one of the chairs needed to be replaced from a severe stain. The owner/gm is very nice and always had an answer for me or was happy to help, especially when i admit to being a pain in the butt for all the questions i had. They also have a washer and dryer which is convenient. This, out of 6 comperably priced properties in the area, is the safest bet in the area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

As seasoned pet-owning "snowbirds", my traveling companion and I have finally found the perfect stop for our first night (and our perfect stop on our second night, when returning back north) Our route goes from Central NY to lower east coast NC, and back again. Our preference has always been limiting ourselves to five hours on the road per day - less stress on our cats/dog. After doing research on choicehotels.com, and tripadvisor.com, we found the Rodeway in Carlisle, PA. While we do not need fancy accommodations, we do need are the following:

*Motor court style parking in front of our room
*Pet friendly
*Smoking
*First floor room
*Double beds
*A/C and heat
*Windows that open for fresh air
*Lawn to walk the dog
*Cable/wifi
*Chinese or Italian food delivery
*Fridge/microwave/coffee maker
*Quiet surroundings
*Short distance from interstate

This Rodeway met all our needs, and will be our regular stop twice a year from here on out. After a long day of traveling with semi-whining pets, once we get them all settled into our room, we just want to stay in for the night, and order out. We had really good Chinese delivered that night, and they even had our favorites - fried dumplings. YAY!

While the Rodeway is located less than a quarter mile from I-81, the place is very peaceful and quiet. Also, there's a nice woodsy area to walk your dog while he/she does his/her business (reminder: be kind - carry a poop bag!) There's a gas station/kwik mart nearby to petrol-up, and a variety of restaurants nearby.

A continental breakfast is provided in the morning, with really good coffee. There is also an ATM located right off the lobby for last minute road-trip cash.

Price-wise, the place is a bargain - even with the pet charges, the total well under $100.

The manager, Brad, is one of the friendliest we've met in all our years of traveling - one can tell he takes pride in seeing that his guests are happy in their surroundings. We were greeted with a warm smile, and left the next morning in the same fashion. I had forgotten to pack my toothbrush, and he sent an employee over to the quik-mart to buy me one. And right before we checked out, he handed me a couple bottles of water for our day's travels.

If you're snowbirds like we are, and don't need anything except the basic requirements of traveling with pets, this would be the place to stop just south of Harrisburgh, PA. It took three years, and we're just happy we finally found our perfect haven of our two-night road trip (the next night is the Quality Inn, Emporia, VA - check out my review on that place - very similar
set-up as the Rodeway, and Dominos delivers!)

Thank you Brad and everyone. We'll see you next May!

Room Tip: We were in Room 227, near the woodsy area to walk our dog. Please bring your own "doggy duty&q...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Rodeway17013, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
When you are in hospitality industry, you have to welcome positive or negative comments. Myself and my staff is overwhelmed with this comprehensive compliment. Thank you for your time letting the world know well about us.