“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Binningen, Switzerland
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

a most recommendable "home" away from home. Very clean in all aspects and very
friendly and most helpul manager and staff. Plenty of food at breakfast - incl. fruit .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Desk people were most assistive, even supplied us with an area map. Expressed concern for our comfort. Very personable and courteous. Couldn't be any better. Contintental breakfast was a big bonus! Great Shower, good hair dryer.

Room Tip: Stayed on first floor. Very quiet, Thick walls.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Big, comfortablle rooms! Excellent, friendly serrvice! Rooms equipted with free wi-fi, coffee maker, rfrigerator, and microwave. Walking distance from Petro. Large selection of resteraunts and smoker friendly bars within one block of motel. Motel is on main drag, but rooms ar quiet and private. THE BEST TRUCKER DISCOUNT IN TOWN!

• Stayed November 2011
Barron, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

My husband and 10 yr old granddaughter were horrified at this hotel. We went and used the pool only to come out with black residue on us and floatation devices we had. It smelled horrible and would not recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Let me start by saying my husband and I stay at the ROADWAY INN on a full time basis ,we have never had any problems ,and as far as people saying that it is dirty,bug infested,and noisy place,they got it wrong ,granite its not the RITZ,however they always treat you like family,.The rooms are always clean,The air and heat always work.If there is something wrong with your room all you have to do is let them know and they fix it.So with that I will say if you want a nice place to stay give ROADWAY INN a chance.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I stay here all the time,no funny smells. A few rooms have been redone,the air, and heat work fine. Lots of tv,lots of hot water,easy on off 81 or 76.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I must agree with the reviews I have read here and how I wish I would have come here first before booking! I must say that I think the box spring must have come out of a dumpster because there were disgusting stains within every inch of it, not to mention that the corners were shredded. Lord only knows how old the matress is as there was no cushining whatsoever. It felt as though I had been sleeping on the floor. Those must've been the same pillows from the 70's. I took my spouses large t-shirt plus my own coat and wrapped them around the pillow. I slept head-to-toe with clothes covering every inch of my body, which I cannot stand to do. There was food (or something, don't really want to know) dried all over the alarm clock and the bathroom counter top. In the shower I put a large towel at the bottom of the tub so I didn't have to risk catching athlete's foot or some incurable disease. I am an extremely low-maintenance person. I do not need all of the amenities. I don't even need the TV or even a chair! The one thing I do require (and expect) that I have a clean place to lay my head with out worrying who's bodily fluids and the kind of bacteria I am laying in. I do not think that is alot to ask, especially when that is the number one thing that any hotel/motel owner should be concerned with.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!