“There was a Bed!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Carlisle
Factoryville, Pennsylvania
“There was a Bed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This room was not in good condition.
The bed with stained sheets, and 1 flat hard pillow wasn't too bad for a nights sleep.
There was an ice bucket very dirty with no bags.
Bathroom was nasty with the cheapest of cheap toilet paper, stained towels, shampoo bottle was from a clarion hotel and looked as though its been refilled a few times.
Television was available, although if laying in bed you couldn't watch it as it was below foot level and with one flat pillow there's was nothing to prop yourself up on to watch.
The dead bolt wouldn't latch the old style chain lock was loose with only two of it's four screws remaining.
Sign out front claims new rooms - well I don't know where they were our room may have indeed at one time been new, but it was sure no time in recent history.
I'd definitely pass this place by next time. I can overlook allot ,but stains, dirt, in general state of disrepair I cannot over look.
To top this off the management wouldn't refund a penny because I booked online I said well the place is nasty, and not what you advertised. I left, and will continue this fight with corporate.

Room Tip: I don't know that there is one.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ABVICarlislePA, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We value your opinion and business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

while I stayed at this location for two days it was horrible. I left to stay at the holiday inn express. first I had no towels in my room, then I had a half filled shampoo bottle and no soap, my remote control did not work nor did my phone. the floor was not even vacuumed. and my bed sheets where stained. I went to talk to the front desk and no one was there. there was a phone saying to call them. what kind of service is that? then when he did show up it looked like he was sleeping and put a facial cream on. and I could not even understand him. how are you supposed to run a business if you can't speak English. they helped with nothing. I will take my business else where. and breakfast food was stale.

• Stayed January 2014
ABVICarlislePA, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Here at Americas Best Value Inn, we take great pride in offering our guests a comfortable, quality stay. We still cannot understand how everything was wrong in your room. We went back and checked the room and there were no stained sheets, the tv was working fine and the shampoo and soaps were intact. We also don't understand why you would suggest our breakfast was stale, when you didn't t stay at the property. We understand if for some reason you did not want to stay with us, but we have a nice property here that we spent an entire year and lots of money renovating. We are trying very hard to introduce it to our community and its visitors to show them a better hotel than our predecessor. We are even undergoing a lobby renovation to make it even more pleasurable and updated for our guests. We do however apologize for our front desk person leaving a note that day because we had a broken pipe in one of our rooms due to the cold weather and we needed all staff to help. Again, we apologize for any reason you did not find our property satisfactory, but do hope, if you ever return, you will find it a comfortable visit.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I came and rented a weekly room on Thursday to check out next Friday. We agree on a rate of $300 with a pet fee. They charge my card and I think all is good until Wed comes around when they tell me I checked in Wed And need to check out or pay two more days. After Being told check out was Friday. After being called an harassed they made us pay another $100 bucks. I should have stayed at the Travel lodge where they offered $250 for the week with the pet. This place looked nicer, but I rather take older rooms than being cussed out, harassed even after you show proof of when you checked in. They Kept saying the computer does not lie, I asked to pull cameras and showed them I was in another state on Wed, even show them the time my card was swiped. This is family owned & I was never able to talk to an owner only his nephews who almost jumped over the counter calling me a lie. Even with a bank statement showing we came on Thursday to check out Friday. I was told all week everything was good, then they basically hassled me & told they would charge my card if I did not pay 2 more nights ( even though we were leaving Friday at check out. I had to pay for 9 nights. No ice or vending on site. Rude owners. Worst experience ever. I always review nice, this was just horrible. Also small bugs in room and water took 10 min to get hot.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ABVICarlislePA, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you for writing this review, and staying with us. We understand that the clerk was being uncooperative and,I would like you to know to that, the host was let go of, and much friendlier clerks have been added to our team since. The insects you found in your room do tend to sometimes make their way in when the door is being opened and closed, but we would have been glad to take care of it if notified. I hope you are willing to give us another try because we would love to have you.

Regards,
Steve Front Desk Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Needs a little more lighting. But the stay was wonderful. The on site manager Jon was great. Very kind and accommodating. Ive been coming there for years and by far this time was great. Great rooms very clean and slept well. I think the new ownership will do well. But they can use new tvs.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind words, we are so happy you appreciate our newly renovated property. We are trying very hard to make our guests feel at home. We are continuously working on improving our property and this spring you will see a new lobby, new curtains and new bedding. We will be replacing TVs in the future. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our air conditioner broke we stopped here, was hesitant at first because we have stayed in am, best value inns before, and they were NOT good,,,,this one at Carlisle pa, wasGREAT!!, if we r ever back in this area will stay here again, would even drive a little out of our way to stay there.

• Stayed September 2013
We are so glad we were here for you when you needed us! Since we have renovated our rooms with new mattresses, carpeting, furniture etc., we are getting a lot of compliments from guests like you. We take great pride in our property and always look forward to making our guests feel comfortable and welcome. Thanks again!...and we look forward to seeing you again!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Its a great place and this is a nice clean, not expensive place to stay.
Rooms have new furniture and very spacious. The stuff is friendly and helped me find my way around. Will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave such a nice review. We do have a courteous staff and great housekeepers and are very proud of our property. Being new to this brand and this town, we are trying hard to satisfy all of our guests and provide you with a clean, comfortable, quality stay at affordable rates! Please come see us again!
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on that place and it was really nice place the staff was really help full and room was really clean. Bed is really new and I had a good sleep I really like to go back again. And the best thing rate is really and with good breakfast

• Stayed August 2013