“musty smelling” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
“musty smelling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

At last room 109 was musty and moldy smelling. I thought maybe after I turned the AC on that it would be better. But as the night went it was worse. I have no ide why I continued to stay in this room. I ended up getting sick from allergies probably from the mold.

The Breakfast was real good, dining area was very nice. They have a small lounge in the hotel (very samll) but very cheerful attendants.

Room Tip: Hope they have fixed whatever made room 109 smell like mildew!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
DAYMAKERS, Manager at Days Inn Carlisle South, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Your review is most important to us. Was not aware that this room was an issue but we are looking into this issue. Thank you for caring and we are sorry that you were not comfortable. Please call me so we can discuss this situation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

stopped here because we had a coupon from the rest area (which I recommend you get! It's cheaper than any other rate). while it was clean, it was very noisy (maybe thin walls?). It does have interior access only, which is a plus. There is a free breakfast which is mostly assorted breads and pastries. There is a waffle maker, but it was out of order the day we were there. There is also cold cereal and boiled eggs and sausage patties. Coffee service is available 24 hours a day. I didn't feel especially safe in the room itself as it still uses the old fashioned chain across the door (which I haven't seen in years). The bathrooms were clean.

I'd recommend this hotel for a quick stop-over but wouldn't stay here for any extended period of days.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We pride ourselves on a clean and comfortable place to stay. I am sorry that you did not notice that we have two waffle irons and while one had new plates ordered the other iron was in working order. I know that safety is a concern but in addition to the chain there is a lockbolt on the door with a securtiy window. Please be assured that your comfort is most important to us. Thank you again for taking the time to review the hotel.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

While I did not stay at this hotel, I spoke with my 89 year old dad and sister last night (Sept 5) when they were traveling on the PA Turnpike west of Carlisle. My family was driving home to Delaware, after stopping in Pittsburgh to see relatives, and found themselves at a complete standstill on the turnpike because of an accident. Having waiting for traffic to move for literally hours, they were tired as it was late in the evening. While speaking with them on the phone about staying overnight to get a fresh start in the morning, I checked tripadvisor, finding this Days Inn.

I contacted the Days Inn, speaking with the night clerk, and explained the situation. The night clerk permitted me to hold a room for my family's arrival, saying she'd take good care of them...which she did! In speaking with my sister after their stay, she said the staff could not do more for them. Additionally, the entire hotel was exceptionally clean, the beds very comfortable, the bath very clean, and every member of the staff was overwhelmingly friendly. The provided breakfast was the standard breakfast, however, everything was fresh and delicious.

My family had nothing but good things to say about their stay, stating further that if they every need a hotel in Carisle PA again, this Days Inn will be their choice.

Thank you, Days Inn, for everything!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
DAYMAKERS, Manager at Days Inn Carlisle South, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family. We like being a lighthouse in a storm or for just for weary travelers. It was a pleasure having your family as our guests and we are glad they got home safe and sound. Again, thank you for taking the time to write the review!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is an older hotel that has been renovated and signifcantly expanded over the years. It has a decent-sized conference room that can handle about 20 or so people in comfort. The rooms are laid out in wings and it is right on the Interstate; no road noise was noticed...and our windows overlooked the Interstate. It is locally very popular as a Corvette (as in Chevrolet) group was meeting there when we stayed as well as some DOT personnel.
The room was large and very clean. They have carved out a small bar on the second floor where folks can grab a quick cocktail in the afternoons and evenings. The internet connection was aqequate (lobby has a PC with printer) as was the workout room. The medium to large open breakfast area (i.e. walled on one side by windows, so it was well lit) served: waffle, english muffins, hard-boiled eggs, large sausage patties, yogurt, cereals and pieces of fruit.
Staff members were extremely friendly. I'd rate the hotel a low 4-star based on value.
Take a right at the stop light on the main road and you'll run into a strip shopping center with a large grocery and a Subway, etc. Go a bit further on thos road and you'll run into a Big K (K-Mart).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
DAYMAKERS, Manager at Days Inn Carlisle South, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
We appreciate your review. You must have been with us during or just after the hurricane. Hope all is well in your home area. We were very lucky. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Hospitality is our way of life and we look forward to having you visit us again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Room was very clean and comfortable. Location convenient, except that it is near the expressway and had highway noise. Would have preferred a room away from the highway, but definitely would not prohibit me from staying again. Very satisfied with breakfast area and quality and selection of food.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your very nice review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay.
Allamuchy, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed 3 nights with my wife and daughter of 4 years old. Also brought my small beagle who traveled with us. Staff were super friendly and pet friendly. We would of never of known this place accepted pets as to how clean it was. Location was directly off I81 in Carlisle. Upon entering the hotel main area's, it was super clean, smelled great and was modern looking. Upon entering the room, bathroom was clean, room smelled "neutral" and linens were clean. I inspected the room, under mattress and all tight spaces of bedding area for bedbugs and found absolutely nothing. The free continental breakfast was exceptional. English muffins, whole wheat toast, sausage, danishes, yogurts, waffle maker, cereal, fruit, juices and coffee. Saved us some money for a few days with the free breakfast. We stayed one extra night with an walk in special deal that they honored. Price was great. If we embark down to Hershey area again in the future, which we most likely will, we will definately stay at the Days Inn in Carlisle again.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms facing the back field. Rooms facing I81 have a highway view.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
DAYMAKERS, Manager at Days Inn Carlisle South, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Your response is awesome. Thank you. We all here at the Days Inn Carlisle love to get that kind of feedback. It makes us glad that we are in the hospitality business and that our efforts are appreciated. We look forward to serving you again!
Bensalem pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We've stayed at this Days Inn each yr for the past 5. I don't remember ever having any issues - At least, nothing that the hotel staff couldn't handle. Our rooms were always clean and comfortable. Breakfast is included - the kids love the waffles ! I'd like them to bring back the bagels ! They have a large pool and you can make hot chocolate after swimming - big hit with the kids ! We'll be back next year

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
DAYMAKERS, Manager at Days Inn Carlisle South, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
So glad you & your family had a good time. Thank you for the nice review. We look forward to your visit next year and I will see what I can do about the bagels!

Been to Days Inn Carlisle South? Share your experiences!