“Comfortable and Clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Carlisle North

You added Days Inn Carlisle North to your Saves list
Days Inn Carlisle North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1825 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013 (Formerly America's Best Inn Carlisle)   |
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Merritt Island, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I made a reservation for 2 rooms at this hotel in November 2013 to attend our son's graduation in May 2014, but we had a change of plans. I called so that I could speak directly to someone at the local hotel and cancelled the reserved rooms December 17 2013. Imagine my surprise when our credit card statement for May of 2014 showed over $200 in charges for this hotel...When I called I was told that they had no record of the cancellation, so the reservation was treated as a no-show for two rooms for one night. I was asked for a cancellation number or the name of the person I had spoken to, but since the entire transaction had taken place over 6 months earlier and the trip itself a month prior, I had no records from the trip and at that point no recollection of the name of the desk clerk who had handled the reservation cancellation for me. After three phone calls I was put through to a bookkeeper who told me if the reservation was made online the cancellation would have to have been made online (the person I had spoken to in December to cancel the reservation said nothing about this) and that it was a corporate Days Inn policy not to issue refunds for "no-shows". I was told that she would speak to her general manager when I protested that we were not "no-shows" but cancellations for which the local front desk staff had not adequately processed paperwork or advised me to process online. I never got a call back. Needless to say, we will not be staying at this Days Inn ever again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Vinay S, General Manager at Days Inn Carlisle North, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
I am very sorry RH to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

Our record shows past 795 days our Fire Alarm has never sounded plus all smoke alarm installed in guest rooms batteries are changed every 6 months and they were changed on 05/01/2014. Your King bed room was checked and we did not hear any sound.

We take pride in keeping 200 room property and are claim is supported by over 71 % guest who have stayed with us. Days Inn Carlisle North all 200 rooms have been recently renovated at the cost of over 2 million dollars. We are proud of the same and so are our guest.

We value all of our guests and I strongly encourage you and your family to allow us another opportunity to impress you if you are in the area again.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Needed to stay again in the Carlisle, PA area and this was the first place I choose and as before had a wonderful experience. The staff are vey freindly and the rooms are clean and all needs are met with microwave and refrigerators in the rooms.If you are a commercial driver or someone who has to travel for work this is the place to stay in Carlisle.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Vinay S, General Manager at Days Inn Carlisle North, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you Mary Jane for pointing out about our quiet, clean rooms and bathrooms and our friendly, pleasant staff! We do have a great team. Days Inn Carlisle North just spent over 2 Million in renovation of the property and we are glad that you found us so convenient for your travels - thank you for highlighting our spacious parking lot, hot shower in rooms with comfortable beds, clean sheets and Microwave & Refrigerators.

Thank you for pointing out our low rates with all great facilities. You did mention in your comments about how close we are to Penn Turnpike, I -81and I - 83. It is due to the centralized location close to all major Interstate's Carlisle has emerged to be one of the largest trucking center in the country!

Thank you once again and looking forward towards your next visit.

Been to Days Inn Carlisle North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Carlisle North

Address: 1825 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013 (Formerly America's Best Inn Carlisle)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Carlisle
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Carlisle North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Wyndham, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Carlisle North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn - Carlisle, Pa Hotel Carlisle
Best Inn Carlisle
Carlisle Best Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Carlisle North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.