“Easy on the Sauce” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 131 Restaurants in Carlisle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Enjoy fine dining in a casual atmosphere at our newly remodeled and expanded restaurant. Our beautiful dining room overlooks the 18th hole at Mayapple Golf Course.Have a cocktail while watching the sunset from our patio. Cheer for your favorite team on one of the 7 Big Screen TV's in our sports bar. The NFL Sunday Ticket and ESPN Game plan cover all the games.Reserve our pavilion for your large group.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Easy on the Sauce”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Husband and I - and another couple had dinner on a Sunday Night about 7 p.m. Good amount of people and warm and inviting that is, until we were seated next to the patio doors. Every time the door opened I was hit with a blast of icy air. We moved a table over, still a bit of nippy air but not as bad. Do not sit at a table near the patio door in Autumn or Winter. The other couple had the ribs and Chicken Marsala dishes and were satisfied with them, or so they said. Husband had the crusted tuna with the wasabi sauce and enjoyed it. Husband and I shared the appetizer of Coconut Shrimp (6) and we both enjoyed it although husband stated the shrimp were just a bit overdone. The other couple shared the stuffed mushrooms and looked like they were enjoying them. All going great so far except my Cajun Salmon - it is served with an orange cream sauce - I did not see where the cream was in the sauce and to me, served with means a dish on the side or a drizzle maybe - the salmon was swimming in the sauce - it covered the whole plate - the taste of the blackened (it really wasn't blackened) salmon was lost. A suggestion for the chef - serve the baked potato on the plate (it had to be put on a side plate no doubt due to all the sauce) with the squash and give a drizzle or two of the sauce. Also why call it Cajun - it has no resemblance of being Cajun at all unless they're just calling Blackened - Cajun - and again it wasn't really blackened. Other than the gallon of sauce and needing a parka sitting by the door the meal was satisfying and very reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dayton, OH
“Puff Pastry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

That says it all for me. They offer a seafood stuffed puff pastry with a lobster cream sauce. Yummy. My aunt and husband had the fried haddock. Mom and I had the Pandora's box pastry. Ours was better but the piece of haddock was very large. We were seated just inside the patio doors and my mom was blasted by wind everytime they opened the door. The air was cool and my mom was not very comfortable at all. Our server was also kinda sparse. If she had tables in another room that would be a good reason but I think she was just new and not experienced at all. I would try them again for that puff pastry.

Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“Better experience this year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We gave Fiddlers another chance, and this time we we very pleased. We made reservations for lunch on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. We were greeted at the door and were served by a friendly and conscientous waitress. The food is good (not gourmet), which is what we expected, and the portions were generous. The experience was so much better than our last time. I definitely have Fiddlers back on my restaurant list for the Carlisle area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Crab--ymmm!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We ate on the patio this afternoon. Lovely atmosphere. Service was terrible since today they installed a new computer system without adequate training for the staff. Poor management! But after the wait, my crab cake sandwich arrived. I forgave them for the wait! Absolutely the best I have ever eaten!!!!!! Huge, perfectly seasoned, just enough filler to absorb flavor of seasoning, broiled perfectly. I will go back soon!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lowville, New York
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went to Fiddlers for dinner after attending a car show in Carlisle. We all ordered the prime rib and it was the best prime rib I have ever had! It was cooked to perfection and extremely tender! The service was also exceptional and our waitress was wonderful! If we go back to Carlisle next year, we will definitely be going back!

• Visited July 2013