“A delightful place to stay after a long day of driving.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlisle House Bed & Breakfast

You added Carlisle House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Carlisle House Bed & Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   148 S. Hanover St., Carlisle, PA 17013-3420   |
Special Offer
Free EV Charge
Ranked #2 of 6 Carlisle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montpelier, Vermont
“A delightful place to stay after a long day of driving.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

My daughter and I were delighted to find The Carlisle House Bed and Breakfast after a long day of driving on I-81. The owners were warm and welcoming, the room inviting and comfortable, the breakfast delicious. I have recommended the Carlisle to friends and family as a wonderful place to spend the night on the drive south from Vermont to warmer winter climates. I will absolutely be back to the Carlisle House Bed and Breakfast!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

The Carlisle was fantastic. My best friend and I decided to do a weekend away in PA and decided on the Carlisle and it was the best decision!!! Everything was great couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!!!!! We were already starting to decide on when to go back before we go out of the parking lot to head home. We were made to feel like it was home away from home. If you are heading to Carlisle, PA you must stay at the Carlisle bed and breakfast. Mary and Alan are the best host ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

This is my fourth trip to this great bed & breakfast. I travel to Carlilse a few times per year and now that I have found the Carlisle House, I won't be staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Boxford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Had everything I needed. Hosts were friendly and informative. Went out of their way to help when I locked myself out one evening. Breakfasts were delicious and other guests were interesting and friendly. Wish I knew about this four years ago when my daughter started at Dickinson College. Neighborhood was quiet and pretty, took a nice walk there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

Our group of seven stayed for two nights. Mary and Alan are excellent hosts. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. The breakfast is outstanding. We plan to be in Carlisle again and will definitely stay at the Carlsle House.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Melrose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

My son and I stayed for one night. We really enjoyed it- everything from being greeted at the front door by Alan to the interesting conversation at the breakfast table. We will be back.

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Just back from a college tour, and my 17-year-old daughter, my mother and me were all totally charmed by this inn, by owners Mary and Alan, by the Colonial town of Carlisle, and by Dickinson College. The historic house is handsomely fitted out and not too cutesy, and Mary and Alan are helpful and friendly while respecting the guests' privacy (this doesn't always happen at B&Bs). Breakfast was excellent, rooms were comfortable and well equipped, and it was great to just walk out the door to explore the town and the college.

Our only disappointment was the food at Piatto-- a lovely spot, but the food was not very good. Next time we'll try Amy's Thai.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Carlisle House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!