I grew up not far from Carlisle, but was completely unfamiliar with the town. When my daughter decided she wanted to include Dickinson College on her college tour, I booked a room with Mary and Alan. The entire Carlisle experience was magical ... beautiful and historic town, beautiful and historic college, and hospitality galore at the Carlisle House. Mary and Alan couldn't have been more gracious or helpful. The inn itself is a gorgeous and faithful restoration of a historic building. I am delighted to say that my daughter has joined the Class of 2017 at Dickinson, and we look forward to many more stays at Carlisle House over the next four years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique Select Registry Bed and Breakfast experience in a historic 1826 Carlisle home just a half-mile from I-81 and three miles from I-76, the PA Turnpike. Located in the Downtown Carlisle Historic District, voted "Best of Carlisle" 2004 through 2013,4 blocks from Dickinson College, 1 mile from Fairgrounds and Carlisle Barracks, a stroll to fabulous restaurants, stores, Historical Society & Museum, Theater. Gettysburg 40 mins, Harrisburg 35 mins, Hershey 45 mins, Washington DC 2 hours, Baltimore 2 hours, New York 3.5 Hours, Philadelphia 2.5 Hours, Pittsburgh 3.5 Hours. Bring your Electric Vehicle and enjoy a FREE Charge from our Level 2 Charger until December 31, 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Carlisle House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlisle House Hotel Carlisle
- Carlisle House Bed And Breakfast