“Indifferent” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Indifferent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

This bakery advertises dog cookies, but I have stopped by three times and they haven't had any. It's pretty clear they don't take their menu or their ads very seriously.

And the women who waited on me were so indifferent they never even asked if I might want anything besides the dog cookies...

I will not be going back.

• Visited December 2013

kenmore ny
“hope u r staying???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Same experience as previous writer/ small selection and terrible biscotti. Carlisle needs a nice bakery and hoped they could fill the bill but question this. service was good but selection was limited. Cute building and in good area. Maybe some promotion is needed or focus just on the cakes that were good and presented well.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle, PA
“What Happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had friends in from out of town within the past week for dinner and overnight. I was looking forward to serving the mini White Chocolate Mousse cake which is/was the signature cake at the Carlisle Bakery. I had served these cakes several other times with rave reviews. I went in the morning of my dinner around 9 am, No White Chocolate Mousse cake in the case so I asked if they had four mini cakes. The girl waiting on me said that they would hot have them until later that day. She then went in the back and came back and told me that they would not have any at all. Something about the bakery had changed hands, etc. I was not interested in what they had in their case and left. Not sure that I will return. And by the way, it is the only bakery in Carlisle but I ended up getting a dessert at Giant.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“My happy place on earth!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Best bakery in Carlisle! I was craving for a slice of good chocolate cake, and I found it at Carlisle Bakery. I love what I see in the store, from cookies, macaroons, croissants, to good chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, fruit tart, strawberry short cake, everything else you name it. The cake is so good, you should try it, stop by for a good slice of heaven chocolate cake.

Visited September 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Don't go later in the day, or expect fudge”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My daughter and I went about 4:00 in the afternoon, not too late considering they close at 6:00. The front window advertises wedding cakes, pastries, and fudge dog treats (note the lack of comma). We were in the mood for fudge, and thought this would be a nice treat. Upon going in and looking around, many shelves were empty, no fudge in sight. When I asked the staff what fudge options they had, the response I got was 'we have fudgy brownies'. I pointed to the window noting the fudge, and was told they don't make any.

My daughter settled on a chocolate cupcake with coconut frosting. She said it was just 'ok'. I read items on their menu, but after asking for 3 different items and being told they were out, I went without.

May you have better luck - and may the owner take Fudge off the front window!

• Visited August 2013