“The duck was not good” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Pennsylvania
“The duck was not good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My second visit, a Saturday night with friends. The room is nice, I love the water feature, service is friendly but could be better. This is not your typical Carlisle Chinese, no buffet. I started with sushi, for an extra $1 you can buy a second sushi, good value, the fish was fresh, I liked the crunchy shrimp. I asked my server if the duck was good, I was told it was but it wasn’t. I had the Thai Basil Duck. Not sure if it was frozen then thawed and fried, or just old. It had a red pepper beside it on the menu but the server did not ask how hot I wanted it. It was too mild for me. It was disappointing and I feared getting sick from the duck. I should have sent it back. Instead I will probably not return. My friends food looked good, Pad Thai, and Fried Pineapple Rice except for the sweet and sour pork. The portion was very good for the price, but the battered pork just sat there on the plate, no presentation. I tried one and it did not taste as if it was made on the premises, more like you would get at a buffet. Oh! and if you go to the website and click under coupons, then press print, there is none.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“Stick to the Chinese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The atmosphere is perfect! But, i like the Chinese entrees the best. There are only 3 or 4 Sushi items / rolls that are really good. Prices are excellent and service is perfect.

Visited February 2013
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
“Friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was good, and served quickly. The sushi looked delicious on others' tables and I think I'll order that next time. The lighting is quite bright and the ambience is of an eat and go restaurant. I would not go here for a special occasion but I would return for a mid week treat.
They do not serve alcohol, but you can BYOB.
Overall a decent night out.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
“very average to poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I was in the mood to pig out on chinese with my boyfriend, and we had a babysitter for an hour or 2, so we went to Chens new location, thinking it was still a buffet. When we realized it was a cmpletely diferent restaurant we were dissapointed, but we decided to stay optimistic and give it a chance. Service from the waitress was good, she was very attentive and sweet. The food was dissapointing and very highly priced. I ordered General Tso's and it was very crunchy, and the sauce was unusually lumpy and gooey. My boyfriend wasnt thrilled with his either. We of course paid the bill and left a 20% tip, but we will not return, because I cant spend our hard earned money on bad food. When you go out to ea the food should always be better, b/c you are paying more..wish they'd bring the buffet back! Id be happier, and still a customer.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Very good food. Very nice atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner at Chen's Friday night. We had not visited the new location prior to Friday. What a huge improvement over the old location! The place is classy and modern. Ordering is from a menu vs. the old buffet. Prices are very reasonable for fresh hot well prepared Chinese food. The portions are generous and I brought half my dinner home. Service was very good. They do not have a liquor license but I saw several people bring their own wine (note to self - bring wine next time). Overall this is the nicest Chinese restaurant that we ever have visited. If you want good Chinese food, this is the number one place!