“A nice step up from the many diners in town” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“A nice step up from the many diners in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Carlisle has its fair share of diners, so it is nice to see a restaurant like Momma Spriggs in the mix. The atmosphere and menu variety are more upscale casual than that. I went at lunch time and was promptly seated. My server was very friendly and attentive without being overly intrusive. The salad with chicken/pineapple/feta and coconut/lime dressing was tasty. The chicken was tender and plentiful. The salad was a blend of mixed greens and iceberg lettuce. I would have preferred romaine to the iceberg, but it was still a good salad. I looked over the rest of the menu while I was there and definitely saw items I'd like to try. On the way out I spotted some very delicious-looking desserts, but I didn't try them - this time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“My new #1 restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Ate at Mama Sprigs 3 times recently and each time the food and service were outstanding. At lunch enjoyed one of their salads and an appetizer special featuring fried vegetables. The salad was fresh, cold, and almost too beautiful to eat. The batter used for the fried vegetables was light, non-greasy, and one of the best I've ever tasted.

Second visit had dinner on a Friday night. Highly impressed with the service on a busy night. Tried the broasted chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, and vegetable. Chicken was perfect! The mashed potatoes & gravy tasted home-made and was quite tasty. Also tried their bubbly bread appetizer. I've had different kinds of cheese bread before but this one was different. I've never seen ranch dressing drizzled over the top. Wow! Best cheese bread ever!

Last night enjoyed a broiled seafood special. The fish was seasoned to perfection! The crab cake, shrimp and scallops were broiled in a white wine and butter sauce. Too full to enjoy dessert so took dessert home. We had the chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting which was pretty good. Also tried their strawberry cake with white cream icing. It was light and refreshing but a bit too sweet for my palate. My husband loved it.

A few things that make this restaurant stand out include; 1) staff are very friendly and attentive, 2) amazing food presentation-almost looks too good to eat, 3) home-made food, 4) varied menu so there is something for everyone, 5) reasonably priced, and 6) great specials.

Looking forward to my next meal at Mama Sprigs. I heard their breakfast is good and they are noted for their blueberry pancakes.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Breakfast experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Group of four had very different requests. All handled excellent. Clean, quick, friendly atmosphere and service. Healthy choices available and alterations were no problem. Waitress had cheerful way. Nice way to start day.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nice people, nice food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We dined here with American friends, and were very happy indeed with our choice. The waitress was quick and efficient, warm and welcoming, and the owner took the time to chat with us afterwards and ask for our feedback.
The menu is comprehensive, and the food was excellent, and very good value. We'll definitely go back next time we're in Carlisle.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westfield, New Jersey
“Still getting things together...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We live nearby and were curious when this place opened up several months ago. Initial reviews were decent and it sounded like there was enough variety for the picky eater in my house. We have hectic schedules and praise any restaurant in the area with an online menu (especially that one place in town where you can order online…the best!) gets our vote so we can look, call, pick up and enjoy the convenience.

Unfortunately the web site is impossible to find through Google (you have to go to their Facebook page, then find the website) and even then, the Menu page has been "coming soon" for months. We stopped by to pick up a menu in person but were told it would be changing soon anyway… not the most helpful solution. I just don't see how any restaurant could not have an online menu these days. For us, it's the deciding factor as it's simply a matter of convenience.

While this wouldn't necessarily be one of the (very) few 'nice' dinner places in Carlisle, it would be a good casual option for a couple meal times. We look forward to trying it and sharing our specifics/photos. Hopefully the website's "coming soon" will actually be soon, in the meantime!

Visited June 2013