“One night stay only.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Corning, New York
“One night stay only.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The room was small and not very clean. No tissues, coffee, hairdryer, or even an alarm clock! Thank goodness we had paper towels, our cell phones, and a McDonalds is nearby. We didn't even dare take our shoes off, the floor was pretty disgusting, and the toilet didn't even have a cover on it. The beds weren't comfortable at all, and it was loud being right off the highway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leesport, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

It is definitely a place for a one night stay. While it was clean, the room smelled of smoked even though it was a non-smoking room. There were no tissues, no alarm clock and no coffee maker and no continental breakfast, just coffee. The room was bare bones and the beds were not the most comfortable. It served our purposes since we just needed a place to sleep but I would spend a little more to get a few more amenities. Glad it only cost $48!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Okay. I was supposed to be staying at my daughter's house, but they had company, so I began to look for a cheap hotel. This was the cheapest in the Harrisburg area, so I drove out to look at it. Before I paid for the room, I asked to look at it.

The room was pretty much what I expected for $55.00. It's no frills and nothing special, but that's what you should expect for that price range. Okay, let's break it down:

1. No carpet on the floor, but the room was clean and the floors were clean.

2. Bathroom was nothing special, but the water was instantly hot, the shower head worked, and I enjoyed a nice hot shower. No special soaps or amenities, and the towels were pretty plain and not real soft, but they were also clean and folded nicely.

3. No bedbugs on the bed and the mattress was nice and firm. I was surprised the pillows were even kind of decent.

The ladies at the front desk were polite and good to get along with. The one lady even went out of her way to find me a couple of extra pillows. Good service and good for you dear! You understand the words "customer service."

Look, if you want the Marriott with all its fanciness, stay there. This ain't the Marriott, but it was okay for the price and I would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Munich, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This accomodation was nasty and disgusting. The toilette was so dirty and so was the shower. There was just one towel for two persons and the wifi we paid for wasn't working. The guy at the reception just told us that he can't do anything to make it work again. And this for 190 $ for two nights. Never ever again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting Gettysburg as part of the 150th Anniversary celebration. I wasn't sure what to expect since the rooms are so cheap but overall we were really happy! Originally we were supposed to stay two nights but I ended up having to cancel the first night because I had to work. We drove out from Philadelphia and decided to go straight to the battlefield in order to see and do as much as possible since we had to cut the visit short.
The hotel is approximately 45 minutes from the battlefield, which didn't bother us but there are definitely closer places to stay if you're not up for a pretty drive through ruralish Pennsylvania. There is a Sheetz less than a minute or two away down the road. We ate all of our meals at this Sheetz, I'll probably review that too because it was delicious.
We checked in, I had a reservation for a queen smoking room. The motel complex is pretty big, we stayed in room 344. The room looked like they got everything at Ikea which is fine with me. Really big compared to some other cheap places we've stayed. You get a cute little table and two chairs and a really nice flat screen tv with around 20 cable channels. The AC is great and the sheets and blankets weren't anything special but were clean and smelled fresh which is all I care about. My only grievance is one of our towels seemed used, there were small reddish dots in a few places and a big greyish stain so we just didn't use that towel. We're not hard to please for under $60 a night! No roaches and no mice or signs of pests in general.
As far as amenities you get two bars of Motel 6 soap. No shampoo or anything extra but what do you expect for low prices. Also no mini fridge but Sheetz is close enough to walk to and there's soda machines around the complex.
I didn't realize they had a pool but we definitely would have gone for a swim if we had been prepared for that. Also this place is pet friendly, we even saw a gorgeous Siamese kitty in our neigh it's window when we first pulled up to our room!
Overall we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Last summer my boyfriend and I were heading home to NJ from Indiana and got really tired so we looked up a place we could stop for cheap on the way home. Figured for $50 a night it was not going to be great but we could not believe how disgusting it actually was! Room was beyond filthy. Upon turning the bed spread over a large insect appeared from under the sheets. The sheets and bed spread had yellow stains and burn holes in them. The bathroom was gross and the toilet barely flushed. Tiny old tv and beat up desk and chair. It was literally like a flea bag hotel room you would see in a movie. Never ever stay at this place. Front desk woman was also grumpy not very friendly. WORST MOTEL EVER no standards they should pay people to actually stay there not the other way around.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was stuck in Carlisle, unexpectedly, over the weekend and thought the Motel 6 appeared to be a good deal. It was absolutely atrocious. As if it were not enough that the sliding doors of the balcony were without the ability to lock, the room was filthy and then, to my horror, upon picking up the receiver to the telephone, I spied a short black curly hair as if placed there strategically to echo someone else's presumption of just how poor Housekeeping could be. They were right.

Room Tip: Select a hotel either up or down the street. They cannot be worse than this.