“Very good value, wonderful service!” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Harrisburg - Carlisle
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1153 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013   |
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very good value, wonderful service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our room was clean and the people who worked there were very nice and polite! The pool was clean and the grounds were show pieces. Not a weed in any of the beautiful flower beds. We were there during the Fourth of July week end (and right before Car Show Week) and still were treated like royalty. Every member of the staff was helpful, polite and friendly! They do have weekly rates if you are staying over a week. Excellent value! And they accept pets!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Erie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Yes it is a bare room with just the basic bed and table, but hey if you want more then dig in your wallet and pay for the extras and go to a motel that cosst twice as much. We never had a problem with our internet and it was a horrble night (a stormy night with tornato watches where even the cable on the tv went out). Our room was clean and even though all the rooms were booked we couldn't hear the neighbouring rooms, not like some other rooms we've had. So my advice is if you are just looking for a room to stay in and sleep over night this is the place, if you want the plush towels and free internet go somewhere else and pay more.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Stow, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

First off we got a former smoking room and had requested non-smoking . It still stunk. Every furnishing looked worn . Sink area was okay but sprayer splashed water if turned up much.
Toilet seat was bad plastic horseshoe type and moved around when sat on. The drain in the tub barely drained and was rusty . Towels were rough and thin. Only coffee provided in the morning in lobby. Bedding was ancient and pillows were crappy . If we hadn't been so tired both days there I doubt I would have slept okay and I was worried about bedbugs from seeing a review after getting there . Didn't pay for wifi because I had satellite phone access , but was surprise to find you had to pay extra . Wouldn't want to stay here again. Carpets were worn , paint peeling and it was barely clean . In bad need of an overhaul from top to bottom.

Room Tip: Don't see much difference in any room here . The inner section of units might be a bit more quie...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Motel 6 makes you pay $2.99 a day for Wi-Fi. That stinks but the part that really reeks is that the Wi-Fi speed at this Motel is .13 mb/s which is about 25% the speed of dial-up on a good day.
If you're stuck in a room far from the office, you won't get a signal. If you're nearer to the office, the signal comes in but drops out ALL THE TIME.
Additionally, Motel 6 blocks websites and does not allow you to freely surf the internet.

If you want to stay Friday night, they will not allow you to book the room without taking Saturday night as well.

Next time I'll go out of my way and be happy to pay more money to stay at a hotel that includes HIGH-SPEED internet for free. This Motel is a lose, lose lose.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Douglas, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

The motel itself was average at best. The desk clerk was friendly. The beds were comfy. The bathroom was small and didn't look as if it had been cleaned properly. I had to go get all clean sheets b/c there was hair on the bed and on the sheets. Personally, I don't think anyone actually changed the sheets from the patron who was there before me. During the night someone decided to play loud music and the night clerk had to be called several times before someone called the police to quiet the rowdy ones down. You get what you pay for. Next time I will shell out the extra money for a better room. The only good thing I can say is that they allow pets at no extra charge.

Room Tip: Just check the sheets.. better yet, ask for clean sheets and change the bed yourself.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Rental car broke down at exit the other hotels at that exit were booked so I braced for the worst and booked a room since Hertz could not get me a replacement car until the morning (this was at 2am).

Front desk clerk very friendly. Got a top room floor end unit which was quiet as they stated....after 1 complaint.

Room was typical bare bones Motel 6 but clean. Had one loud neighbor upon arrival and I called front desk and they said quote "we are very sorry sir, I will go see them now and fix it or I will call the police and have them removed!" Pretty hardcore in my opinion but within 5 minutes I never heard another sound of loud music or yelling, laughing or running around the outside.

Kudos.

When I checked out in the morning I got a cup of coffee and to my surprise the manager gave me a refund of 50% on my room for the noise. That caught me off guard because the noise issue was when I first went to my room and it was resolved within minutes. I told him the stay was being paid for by Hertz because the car broke down and told him the results from the night clerk more than satisfied me and his offer to discount room was too much for such a minor issue so please charge Hertz the full price. (I don't like Hertz at all). :)

I've read other reviews on another site that all rave how the owners treat their customers better than most 4/5 star hotels. In my short stay I'd agree. For less than $30 you can't beat a clean room, professional and polite employees and a hot cup of joe for the road.

Impressed.

So Motel 6 is not my style but if it is you're style this is a winner. Nothing fancy but clean and the owners run a tight ship. I give it three stars because....well, it's a motel 6 and 3 stars is a good score.

Only other issue is the tv was old and small and the towels were very small. But this is what Motel 6 uses so not a complaint at the owners.

I'd recommend, and, if ever in need of a room at that exit again for ONE night, I'd go back.

Room Tip: Top floor and on the side facing away from interstate.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Lady Lake, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We were headed to NH from FL for the summer season in June or May, 2010. We had two criteria, one was pets OK and the other was price. We got to the room and it looked OK but closer examination revealed a lot of dirt/dust along the baseboards. When the pets (2) came in, they raced over to certain sections of the carpet and started rolling around on the floor as if they had just discovered 'something REALLY interesting' The next morning I saw dead bugs in the bathroom light and removed the cover expecting flies but got what looked like roaches.No bed bugs though. Otherwise the place was generally clean and comfortable but somewhat out of date. Had a small continental b'fast with seating area. BUT we gat a good price ($42) with nothing extra for the pets.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Harrisburg - Carlisle? Share your experiences!