“Helicopters, tanks, and artillery oh my!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Attractions in Carlisle
Type: Military Museums, Cultural
washington dc
25 attraction reviews
“Helicopters, tanks, and artillery oh my!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I have driven pass the exhibit many times and never stopped. This morning I did and what an educational event. The real displays are fascinating and informative. .
The history of are conflicts is well explained and documented. But the outdoor walking trail is great. You can get up close to many different items from the civil to current conflicts. The underground bunkers and trenches were very interesting. Best of all there is no charge. Be sure to stop when you travel thru Carlisle PA.

Richmond, Virginia
“Worth Visiting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

If you are in any way a military history buff...This is a must see! I visited ad the behest of my riding partner who is a retired Sfc. I will definitely be back!

Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Smithsonian Quality Exhibits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

AHEC is a real hidden treasure. Outside, the various displays are remarkably authentic ... a German "Pillbox", WW1 trenches, etc. Inside there are numerous displays and artifacts ... for the serious researcher it's unparalleled. In the spring they have a two day event with lots of reenactors. Great for young & old

Troutville, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
“Can't wait to stop by there again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Every time we are traveling on I-81 my sons know that they will get to walk around the "army fields" . We have never been in the inside, but the outside alone keeps them busy and entertained for at least an hour and every time I have to drag them back to the car( since this is just a pitstop in our travels) . Outside displays are way more fun in summer time, because they are all open to public, last time we stopped by they were all locked up. Hopefully one of these days we can make it there during business hours and check out the inside too. An amazing place !!!!

Visited April 2014
3 attraction reviews
“The place to go for the answers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

As a writer and researcher, I must say that the services available at the Army Heritage Center are beyond expectations. Most people would go for the museum exhibition, but I must tell you their library and research facilities are unmatched in military research. The librarians there are excellent and helpful.