“Welcoming & accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Illinois
“Welcoming & accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We would recommend this hotel for a refreshing overnight stay.

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly & accommodating upon check-in and during our stay. We got a great rate from a coupon we found at a turnpike service plaza.

Easy access to I-81. Great for travelers. Pet-friendly and perfect for kids. Pool open late...management even provided pool toys & life jackets.

Comfortable room. Clean & fresh.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Gadsden, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

we had reservations at another place in carlisle. whenwe arrived and saw where the place was and how we would have to get to it.we knew we could not stay there. we had seen a country innn and suites after we got off the interstate. we went back down the next exit to check with them about a room for the night. at first, there was not a suite available. the manager kept looking trying to find us something. she had just had a cancelllation on a suite, so we were able to get it. we like country inn and suites to stay at. this is a nice suite, a separate living area,2 closets and 2 tvs, microwave and frig. a lot of room. the indoor pool was a little cool for us(84.5 degrees). i got in for a little while anyway. hot tub was 103 degrees. had a good breakfast. we enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: the suites are really nice. plenty of room and a sofa bed to sit on.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Western Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had reserved a king suite - room was larger than I expected, easy chair, sofa, excellent bed, roomy bathroom with very good fittings, shower over tub, excellent towels etc. A microwave and a fridge located in a cabinet fitted with a countertop where there was a coffee maker. The television was located on top of a large long cabinet fitted with lots of drawers. The location gives easy access to/from I-81 but I would recommend viewing the location map in their website. A warning: there are no restaurants, lounges/taverns nearby - only fast food - bring your own or check with the desk when you arrive. Did not have breakfast there hence no comment. I would look forward to staying here again when I next travel this route.

Room Tip: the rear of the building backs up on the Interstate - about 10 yds to the pavement - ask for a front...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Geneseo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I was lost, really lost despite having a (naughty) GPS. I had stayed before at other Country Inn & Suits so lucked out when I found this. It was a bit difficult to find; I wish hotels would still give out printed guide books. Once I found it, I was happy. Comfy bed, tv channels, clean, and breakfast waiting in the morning. I just wish there had been some restaurants nearby. Oh, well, maybe I won't end up in Carlisle again, but if you do, this place is just fine.

Room Tip: Eat before you get there or find some take out for your room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
arverne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Room was very clean.Beds really comfortable.Pool was open and great.The staff was really great.Continental breakfast was really good. Lots of choices and the coffee was good. The check-in desk always had some fresh fruit.Will definately be back.

Room Tip: View was of parking lot but that was ok got to check on my car and was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We visited Dickinson college and stayed at the Country inn&Suites in Carlisle because it was only minutes away. Pool was out of order but the staff and cleanliness.of the place made up for it. The staff was great. Continental breakfast was definitely above average. Would definitely stay there again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Massena
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed at this lovely and welcoming hotel on the way to and from Florida. I was slightly hesitant to book there at first because a few people commented on it being in an quieter area with no restaurants or businesses close by. Glad I followed the advice of the rest of the reviewers. It is in a quieter area, yes, but very close to the interstate and 1/4 to 1/2 mile to a great Sheetz gas station complex. I did not go out to eat so cannot comment on just where the restaurants were.The coffee they have to greet you is the best I have had. Delicious cookies and fruit too. The front desk ladies have been extremely lovely and helpful. In fact, about an hour after I was in my room, I was called from the front desk asking if I was settled and did I need anything. The room was very clean and comfortable. Terrific bathroom, spotless. The beds were very comfortable. Great desk set up and quick and easy Wi-Fi with great reception. The tv is big and has many stations to chose from. The breakfast is adequate but low on food when I came down to eat at 8:30. No indication there were refilling the empty spots. But, that is a very minor concern, I will continue to stay there for the foreseeable future.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces the interstate. I have only stayed in the front so cannot speak to the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites Carlisle? Share your experiences!