“Such and warm and friendly hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
NH
“Such and warm and friendly hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have stayed here several times and will continue to stay here when we are in the area. The staff are warm and friendly. They can't do enough to make you feel comfortable and welcome. Breakfast is included which is always nice. There are several hot and cold items to choose from. The hotel is clean and well cared for. There are several stores and restaurants near the hotel. One of the best features are the warm cookies waiting for you when you arrive!

Room Tip: Stay in the front of the building. There's a highway in the back that can be noisy.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Shokan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This was a disappointing stay. At first it seemed OK; the manager offered us a room on the non-highway side, so I was expecting good things. The lobby was cute, and there were cookies and fruit available. But then it all went downhill. Our first room was so dirty we had to request a new room. When I pulled back the covers in on the bed in our first room there were black specks all over the sheets. The bed was so poorly made it looked like it had been slept in. We couldn't figure out if they were bugs or not. My husband's pillow was so dirty it looked like something was spilled on it. The hairs in the sheets and pillow case were too much so we asked for another room. Unfortunately we got the room next door, cleaned by the same person. The sheets were better (far from perfect) but the carpet was disgusting. By the door it had obviously never been vacuumed, and there was a huge mat of black hair on the floor. The bathroom counter had dried patches of lotion(?) on it. I have never stayed in such a dirty room. I wanted to switch hotels but it was very late so we stayed. The sheets and towels looked like they were 50 years old. Extremely thin and discolored. It was unbelievable. The next morning we went to the free breakfast buffet which was ready on time (yea). Unfortunately the scrambled eggs were so bad I couldn't eat them. They were gritty, like they were instant and not well made. I tried a hard-boiled egg, (aweful) and the "bacon" was terrible. The fruit tasted strange, so we ate packaged items - cereal and nutri-grain bars. We travel a lot and stay at many places, and this was by far my worst experience ever. I will never stay there again and I recommend everyone else stay away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed here for an overnight coming back from vacation. The rooms were large and clean, the bathroom had a very large counter which was nice with four of us. The beds were very comfortable. My kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the free cookies, and we all enjoyed the hot tea/coffee round the clock. We were on the side away from the highway and it was very quiet. My only complaints are that the doors to the rooms are VERY heavy, it would really hurt if a child got their hand caught in one. And the breakfast area is small and crowded. They were very overwhelmed the morning we were there but worked hard to keep refilling things. The breakfast was ok, the eggs were the powdered kind and the bacon was underdone but there was a variety of stuff (fresh fruit, muffins, cereal, and two waffle makers). We will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Accommodations were clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Pool and whirlpool were clean and the perfect temperature. Breakfast was OK... just depends on what you expect. Complimentary cookies, muffins, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate all day and night. Definitely stay there for the next car show!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Key West, FL Chicago, IL Orange County, CA Detroit, MI Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Myt sisters and I stayed for one night - our room was clean and spacious, as was the bathroom -- the people who worked there were very friendly -- the breakfast the next morning was great -- and they have 24/7 coffee and tea -- we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

The hotel is just an average, economy hotel. The problem is it is built literally 50 feet from the highway. One entire side of the hotel faces the highway and the sound from passing trucks is unbelievable. Sounded like we were trying to sleep at a NASCAR race. Requested to be moved but we were informed that the other side of the hotel was completely full.... gee, I wonder why!

Room Tip: Try the fairfield inn across the street.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

This trip was supposed to be just my wife and I but we ended up bringing our 22 month old son. I called the day before we were supposed to check in (We got the room very reasonably on priceline) and spoke to someone from the front desk and I asked if there were any suites available so my son could sleep in his own room and we wouldn't wake him up when we went to bed or watched TV.. She said there was nothing she could do on the phone, but just tell the clerk that we spoke to her and it'll be no problem to just put us in a bigger room. We went to check in and the guy at the desk after we told him the above typed on the computer and said oh sorry we don't have any suites available. My wife baby and I went to the room ate our dinner and my wife looked on the website and saw that there were indeed at least 4 suites available. I went back down asked the guy to look again as we were on their site and he made up some kind of excuse charged me twenty bucks and upgraded us.

After that hicup the hotel was fantastic, we were on the highway side but I am a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me. Very comfortable bed impeccably clean room and really nice and warm pool. Great hotel however if you are a very light sleeper try to get a room away from the highway side as you may get annoyed by road noise, but if you sleep with the TV on you won't even really notice it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Carlisle? Share your experiences!