“new staff and owners, grat place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Carlisle
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17015   |
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
pennsylvania
“new staff and owners, grat place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

new staff and owners. has improved 100 %. will stay again for sure!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

Friendly and accommodating staff, but hotel is dated and musty.

Phoenix,AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

I was here with a good size group of folks from the High School we attended (Alumni Weekend).
I stayed in one of the many Estate Rooms. It was clean , big, and well maintained.
The hotel is easily accessible from the main roads into Carlisle.
The restaurant had decent food for breakfast (buffet only thing available) at a decent price ($9.95).

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. I find it clean, the staff pleasent, and the price very reasonable. The rooms are large, the bathrooms clean and roomy and we really like the fact that the bathrooms have 2 sinks, one in the bathroom and one outside the bathroom with a separate vanity.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

The Hotel Carlisle seems to have once been a nice place to stay. During my trip, however, it seemed understaffed, scuffed, and threadbare. The first room that I stayed in had holes in the carpet, several marks on walls, a leaky drainpipe under the sink, and an odd, vaguely nursing home-type smell. Three nights into my stay, I spotted a mouse running through my room. Hoping that it was just passing through, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Upon returning to the main room, I saw the mouse running around the television in the wardrobe cabinet. When inquiring with the reception desk as to whether I could change rooms, I was informed that I would have to pack all of my materials up, walk to the lobby, exchange keys, and move to another room. When I went to get keys to another room (thankfully on the other side of the hotel), I was not offered any sort of compensation until I inquired and then was only offered a free breakfast (presumably prepared in a kitchen attached to the hotel where the mice could also run free). Expressing my dissatisfaction with this remedy, I was reluctantly offered 25% off my stay that night. As it was at that point nearly 1am, I accepted the discount and made my way to the other room. The second room that I stayed in was slightly nicer than the first - no nursing home smell and no mice (that I saw) - but the carpets were still threadbare and the walls could use some paint. And, in contrast to the leaky sink in the first room, the shower drain was clogged in this one. Upon checking out two days later, I was offered - and accepted - a 25% discount for the entirety of my stay; the staff did make a belated attempt to help rectify the situation but, overall, I was disappointed with my experience. As I said above, I am sure that the Hotel Carlisle was a nice facility at one point in time; that time is past, however, and absent a significant update/renovation, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Let me say we have been coming to the Hotel Carlisle every year for the past 15-18 years without a problem. We have our annual Homecoming there because they offer everything we need banquet room, enough rooms etc. We only had a problem within the last year 2008 and we find the previous owner let many things go down because he was "dumping the place" on a sale and even ripped off the current owner (who has only been the owner since August.) It is true some of the bad comments written but they are with previous management and I urge you not to judge those comments now....what was the name of that song...What a difference a day makes....Our group notices what a difference a year makes....This new owner is working very hard to undue the bad doings of the previous owner and is really going out of his way to succeed and bring back those who were regulars. The previous owner got rid of a lot of the staff that made them successful and they have been brought back. I assure you we noticed the difference right away and this new guy has really gone out of his way and has easy access to listen. I urge you to give it another shot...we're coming back!

Almaty, Kazakhstan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

The title says it all! Complaint already filed with Cumberland County department of health. Photos are attached.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Carlisle? Share your experiences!