“Would actually give it a zero!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Carlisle
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17015   |
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Middletown, DE
“Would actually give it a zero!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Went to the car show and checked into this hotel. The lobby, and subsequently, the room smelled of mold. They said there was wireless internet....NOT. Had to walk to the lobby (half mile) to hook up, but when I got back to the room, no internet. The stink was horrid. No ice. The ice machine had cobwebs and cigarette packs in it. Run, don't walk, away!!! We left.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Reserved a block of rooms for guests that were coming in for an event. When I reserved, I specifically asked about the bar and how late it remained open, I was told at least midnight. . Our plan was to leave the party at 9 and go back to the hotel and visit with friends/family in the bar. They assured me that they would remain open for our party of 8-15. Arrived back at hotel around 9:40 and bar was closed up, they closed at 9:30. Now I had guests standing around with no where to go other than their rooms. Very disappointed! This was the ONLY reason we stayed at this hotel. I was assured that bar would be open when I first made the arrangements, then again verbally on the phone with their coordinator a week before our reservations and then again when I checked in our room at 3:30pm. They advised it was the Owners/Bartenders decision to close. Will NEVER stay here again. Rooms were "OK", with some flaws, nothing spetacular for the price that was paid. Very disappointed! I think there was only one person working the entire hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Greenfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel decor is vintage and hasn't been updated in somtime and isn't so bad that it should deserve such a lousy rating on that basis. I stayed at the hotel two times on the recomedation of co-workers that were staying or had stayed there before. My stays were only a day apart and on the first night I thought I had a pretty good stay overall.While traveling on Business I am often living on a per-diem and have to watch how much I spend for a room and food, the rate at the Carlisle Hotel was very good and when I checked out in the morning following the first stay I thought if I have to come back to Carlisle, I would probably stay there. On my second stay I was put in the same wing as the first stay which by the way was not near where my co-workers were roomed. It was in the evening when I checked in and the room was very poorly lit and had a sort of musky smell to it. I had some paperwork that needed to get finished and figured it was just for one night so I toughted it out without complaint. The next morning I got out of bed, turned on the lights, went to the bathrrom and returned to the bed to find to find BEDBUGS all around my pillow. I counted 5 and they were all fully fed. I don't know how many got away but I wasn't sticking around to find out. I checked out and told the desk clerk I wanted my money back and he said he wasn't authorizedd to do that and he would tell the manager. I clled back later in the day spoke with someone else that said they had to talk with the manager and would call back. I got a return call later in the day and they refunded my money for the night. The BEDBUGS had fed on my ear and it was actually raw there the bites occured. I returned home that day and went to the laundromat an put everything I coud possibly load into a large high heat dryer for an hour. While loading I found a BEDBUG in my laundry bag. I didn't bring some of my travel gear back into home (it's staying in my truck so the summer heat can kill any of the bugs that may have climbed abord. I am still searching my house expecting they are going to show up. None of my co-workers had an issue and they had stayed there for weeks. I guess I got a bad wing. From what I saw the hotel could use some serious fixing up.

Room Tip: Check for a musky smell and don't forget to check the sheets and mattresses.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The best news I heard during my two night stay for the PA State Chess Tournament is that we will will not be staying in this dump next year. Atrocious place. No wifi and judging from other reviews never works. Sheets like tissue paper, worn with a blood stain on one. Less than one roll of toilet paper for two nights stay. Dirty, stained towels. PA Department of Health should shut this trap down. Very obvious that the owner only cares about making money and will stoop as low as necessary to make money. For example, I could not read in my room because 40 watt bulbs were so dim!!
My suggestion for this establishment: a bulldozer and a wrecking ball.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HORRIBLE HOTEL!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Boxborough, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My professor used to stay here and liked the place, but we had a rude awakening when we stopped here en route to kentucky. the room keys dont seem to work, we jimmied the thing for 5 minutes, got in only to see the room was trashed, blankets everywhere, it hadnt been made up. Our second room took us 10 minutes to get into, the handle seemed broken, and we finally clicked the room just right and got in. This room was better, and we slept okay, the AC works great, but this hotel needs a lot of repair. the shower heads were about 4 1/2 feet high

Room Tip: Pick a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. My toilet was old school yellow along with the tub/shower. My toilet had no water, so I had to fill up the tank with buckets of water from the sink in order to use the toilet in my room. The bedding has holes all through it and the entire hotel smells like a funeral home. Just stop by the front desk and look how nasty the ceiling is and you will see this is NOT the place to stay. Disgusting. We will never be back here.

Room Tip: No wireless internet as advertising! There is a cat 5 port in the room and it doesn't work eith...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

my room has stained ceiling tiles, Staind lampshades and the bathtub has at least 20 hairs in it from the last person.the entire building has water leaks everywhere. It smells like musty moldy carpets. And the owners (from India) don't care. our breakfast was terrible. For a buffet I'm expecting a great selection. It consisted of eggs home fries sausage and muffins. But the worst part was it served on styrofoam plates with plastic silverware. Totally ridiculous.the place was probably beautiful in its time... From the 1950s. You can tell it was an old motor lodge. Then once the current owners got it... They ran it into the ground

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Hotel Carlisle? Share your experiences!