“Please drive right on by . . .”
This was THE dirtiest motel we have ever seen. My husband and I arrived on a Friday night around 10:00 p.m. The manager and desk clerk were very, very nice, and the lobby seemed o.k., so we were totally unprepared for what we would find in our second-floor, "non-smoking" room. The minute we stepped through the door, a horrible odor of stale cigarette smoke and God knows what else hit us like a ton of bricks. The burgundy carpets were littered with what looked like cookie crumbs, not in the corners but all over, especially between the two double beds. Speaking of which, we pulled down the bedspreads, and the ancient blankets were full of burn holes. On the bureau was an ashtray with Super 8 matchbooks in it. NON-SMOKING???? The uncovered boxsprings had rust-colored stains all over them, and we didn't even want to think about what these were caused by. There were dead, squashed insects on the crumbling popcorn ceiling above the beds. But the real treat was the bathroom. The tub was full of hair (of EVERY type,if you get my drift). The two bath towels they provided (which were once white) were gray and threadbare. But, the final straw was the toilet. My husband very carefully lifted the lid to find the porcelain covered in urine and feces. It was obvious that this room had not been cleaned or even vacuumed in weeks. I wish I had my camera so I could show how really nasty it was. We turned around and left, and luckily we found another room in town around midnight. We didn't complain to management because we did not want another room there, but a letter of complaint will be sent to their corporate headquarters. Unbelievably, this room cost $150.00. People, there are dozens of hotels/motels in Carlisle. Avoid this one like the plague!
Stay somewhere else!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
We apologize for the experience you had during your stay. Thanks for your feedback. We are taking corrective steps to improve your stay in the future.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.