“Very accommodating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Carlisle

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Carlisle to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Carlisle
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1252 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013 (Formerly Economy Inn Carlisle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 26 hotels in Carlisle
Trumbull, CT
“Very accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We booked a room here at the last minute for the Corvette show. Upon ariival Bandy, at the front desk, was very welcoming. We booked a king room and asked him where it was located in relationship to the parking so that we could keep and eye on our car from the room. He gave us a choice of rooms and even walked my husband out to the back parking lot so that he could see the area and decide on a room! He over heard us mention that we couldn't wait for a nice shower and offered extra towels so that we would have fresh towels if we showered again in the morning. Bandy also recommended a place for dinner when we asked, and he was right on--DaVinci's--was great!
Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We had a fridge and microwave too. The car was directly outside our window. We couldn't have asked for more. I can't comment on the breakfast as we slept in, but the breakfast area was a nice size and very clean. Over all, a very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wayne, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

After staying at this motel last year for the Corvettes at Carlisle show, we decided to stay there again. Last year the manager, Sourav Bandy, was helpful and the motel was relatively clean for the price. HOWEVER, upon arriving this year, we could tell that the motel had gotten run down in a short period of time. We rented two rooms as we went as a group to the show. Upon entering our room, 331, I pulled the bed covers down to relax and not lay on the bedspread. I noticed a 4-6 inch stain which did not look like the result of a stain after being laundered. It looked like bodily fluids. In addition, there was hair on the sheets. It was clear they were not changed since the last people using the room. I immediately called Mr. Bandy who nonchalantly said he would send housekeeping up and come down to get a key to another room. He seemed completely uninterested in the severity of the situation. This was clearly a Health issue!!!

I went down to the front desk to retrieve a new key and decided to be discreet as there were other people checking in. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that this was an isolated incident. Upon arriving at room 231, my husband and I checked the bed and ONCE AGAIN, HAIR!! Upon inspection of the bathroom, the floor was covered in hair and the toilet was stained and clearly not cleaned in days if not weeks. I again called Mr. Bandy and he said he would send housekeeping up and to TELL THEM what I wanted clean! I told him "how about a clean room that isn't filled with the last persons hair and fluids!!" He was again, calm and dismissing. Housekeeping showed up and it was an extremely overweight woman that could clearly not do her job properly (I am sorry but she couldn't breath without heaving and there was NO WAY POSSIBLE FOR HER TO GET DOWN TO CLEAN THE TOILET) and a man in dress pants and dress shirt. They had a vacuum and ONE RAG AND ONE SQUIRT BOTTLE!! Now let me ask how they plan on cleaning the toilet, tub and sink with one rag. You know where I am going with this!!

At this point, we were so disgusted but there was no where else to stay in the area so we decided to stick it out and be very cautious as to what we used and touched. They did change the sheets and vacuumed. Our friends room was equally disgusting and when I asked Mr. Bandy if he would compensate us in any way or what he had to say for the conditions, his response was "that is why I am here 24 hours a day and so is my housekeeping staff. The free breakfast is from 6-9am in the room over there!!". I told him the rooms should be cleaned the first time not because I complained. He again dismissed us and had the nerve to give us a coupon for 15% off our next stay. Fat Chance!!!

If anyone decides to stay at this motel, I URGE YOU to check your bed and bathroom. The sheets looked white and wrinkled possibly resembling newly unfolded sheets but instead they were wrinkled from the last guests!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

On a visit to Harrisburg and Hershey did stayed at this hotel. Our stay was pleasant. The hotel was clean the rooms were comfortable and the staff was friendly. They offer breakfast, internet and free parking. Has around several good places to eat. I recommend it is a good and economical alternative.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fayette City, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Dirty, Terriable. So much for "newly renovated" Idk where to start. It was during the Carlise Corvette show so all the hotels prices were jacked up and booked so we found this "newly renovated" Econo Lodge. Outside looked ok, should of known when the lobby smelled funny. The room they sent me to was pretty funkey, the bath was very tiny and idk how to describe it haha, the toilet was leaking and there was a nasty puddle of tolet water on the floor and the tile grout was moldish white chalk that was tracking everywhere, and the shower was gross, it was BAD. The mirrors/windows were so dirty. Then my bed... The sheets apeared clean but the top two blankets looked like a shedding dog crawled up in the bed, black hairs everywhere, just nasty! Who wants to sleep in that!?!? So I went to the front desk and asked for a nicer room. I got a bigger room in the main building but still wasn't much better, bath was bigger but mold all over the shower curtain and long black hair on the towels. Again, sheets appeared clean but the top blankets not so much. I will post pics, this place was not as advertised at all. It's dirty and the guy at the front desk was nice with me but short with me also, kinda rude. I will post pics, it was just awful. They need some major renovations and cleaning staff!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed one night. After reviewing the various accommodations in town this seemed like the best of the pack. It was clear that the motel was renovating. We were directed to take one of the re-decorated rooms. I was told that the rooms in the back were not re-done and generally offered to those with pets. We really appreciated that the management were sensitive to customers who do not want a room that has had pets in it. The room was fairly clean, the beds ok ( a bit too firm for me) but they were new.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephentown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just my wife and I there for two nights for the Truck Nationals. Just your basic inexpensive motel. The main building had apparently been recently renovated, there was a paint and new construction smell. The buildings out back looked a bit dated. Desk staff was pleasant and efficient. The on-line starting price was $71 but the only rooms available were $99 which with the senior discount came to $89. One wonders how many rooms they have at that "starting from" price? The first morning the hot food for the breakfast was ice cold and the fellow in charge seemed unable to find a fix for the problem. Thirty seconds in the microwave solved the problem. On the second morning the hot food was hot.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and the desk clerk overrode the computer generated room assignment and put...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Convenient location, new beds, friendly staff. I come here every year for the Carlisle Car shows. Will definitely recommend this place to my friends as well.

Room Tip: It's worth paying $10-$15 more to have a room in the main bldg which is newly rennovated
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Carlisle? Share your experiences!