“Worst stay ever at Holiday Inn” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Carlisle

You added Red Roof Inn Carlisle to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Carlisle
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 Harrisburg Pike, I-81 Exit 52, Carlisle, PA 17015 (Formerly Motel 6 )   |
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Baltimore, Md
“Worst stay ever at Holiday Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

I have been staying at this hotel for years during the Car Show season, but this year will be my last along with many others from the Car Shows that I have talked to. The place is in such disrepair you would think your in an Econolodge or something but at $156.00 a night this is just unacceptable. The hallways smell and the carpets are just filthy, the garbage cans outside are overflowing & the landscaping is now overgrown with weeds. The last I stayed there the pool was getting slimy and had been closed. I was told by the new staff at the front desk that the hotel had been sold and that almost all the hotel staff that has taken very good care of us over the years are now gone. There was absolutely no maintenance staff left so even for the slightest issued such as a burnt out light bulb, a dead battery in your tv remote, they would have to move you to a new room, if available. The restaurant was only open for breakfast till around 9:30 & closed for lunch. The carpeting in the restaurant was filthy, the upholstering on the chairs was torn up and the tacks were falling out. Forget about hanging out at the bar after a long day at the Car Show, the bar was closed due to the new owners applying for a liquor license. The one upside was the rooms were clean, I guess the only few employees the new owners kept on are in housekeeping. I have called AAA to report the horrible conditions and service at this hotel that was once an enjoyable place to stay year after year. After many of us that have stayed here for years, most of the employees have gotten to know us, (Bartenders, Front Desk Staff, etc.) they are now gone and instead of seeing a familiar face its someone new that barely knows what they are doing checking you in and treating you like a stranger. This place is now a total disgrace to the Holiday Inn chain, I can see this place becoming a one of those chains with little or no standards in the near future and rightfully so. A Note to the new Owners: learn something about customer service, appreciate your repeat customers and also your loyal employees that have been there for years and have provided us years of impeccable service before wasting your money running a business into the ground.

• Liked — The fact that is close to the Car Show and just off of Rt. 81
  • Disliked — The horrible condition of the hotel and the total replacement of employees that have treated us well of the years.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Erie, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

I stayed here as part of a conference group. The rate was great! The room had a nice size refrig and microwave. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet was fantastic! The hotel's location offers easy access on and off the PA Turnike and I-81/83. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Guam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

Customer Service is not at the top of this motel's list. I spoke with the manager, and she was rude as well. I had to leave after a spending just one day there. Is it too much to ask to come into a clean room and clean facilities? That is in fact what we pay for, right?

• Liked — None, They didn't try at all.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reading, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

Came back for another stay, because I was in town for business and I needed Priority Club points.
The good: Courteous staff and big rooms. Wireless Internet worked fine. Heating system worked like a charm on cold, snowy night. Was only five minutes from were my meeting was being held.
The bad: Had to kill a half hour while my room was being cleaned, but the restaurant was closed for lunch even though a lunch menu was displayed. Was open for lunch during past stays. Went next door to Bob Evans. Decided to skip breakfast the next morning. Hallway still smelled like smokers had been through there. My guess is that the carpeting is left over from the old days, reeks of smoking, and has yet to be replaced.

• Liked — Convenience to business meeting
  • Disliked — Smelly hallways
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Everywhere
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

I dont know what else to stay. I travel on business frequently and have NEVER had this problem before! I called the front desk to let them know that I had bedbugs and the clerk seemed uninterested or concerned. Guess I need to find somewhere else to stay when I am in the area.

Stayed October 2007
glendalemgmt, Guest Services Manager at Red Roof Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, January 31, 2008
At no time during this guest's stay did they contact the front desk regarding the conditions or "bed bugs" in their room. Responding to the complaint filed by the guest with IHG Corporate, the management of this hotel ordered a full pest control examination from a licensed pest control company of the guest's room in question, and found no evidence whatsoever of bed bugs or any other infestation in the room. Copies of the pest control report were sent to IHG Corporate and offered to the guest.
wayne,pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

stayed for one night midweek . For what this place charged- $175.00- it was a disgrace. Place is old and antiquated. No amenities to speaks of; horrible bedding and air conditioning; and bathroom toilet was not cleaned properly. Restaurant on property was not open for breakfast. There has to be better choices in the area.

• Liked — lounge/bar was ok
  • Disliked — place was horrible
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

I recently got back from this hotel.

It was okay but nothing special. The bed was decent and the front desk was helpful.

However, the wireless internet was spotty at best. They had me call the internet provider and we tried several things but nothing worked until it suddenly started working. The tech thought it might have to do with too many users but didn't know. It worked for me into the next morning and then suddenly stopped working again.

Also, there was no free breakfast.

However, if you are going to stay in Carlisle, PA, I highly recommend Rillo's which is off York Street off I-81. Best lasagna I have ever eaten. I plan to put up a review for this restaurant on here.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Red Roof Inn Carlisle? Share your experiences!