“ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Carlisle

You added Red Roof Inn Carlisle to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Carlisle
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 Harrisburg Pike, I-81 Exit 52, Carlisle, PA 17015 (Formerly Motel 6 )   |
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
forty fort,pa
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The bad and the good. The bad is that it is a older hotel and is showing its age. I was told that at onr time it was a Holiday Inn. The rooms are just worn out and in need of a facelift. The good is that it was very clean,easy to get to and was quiet. If you only need to spend one night and need a place to go this will work. The price is right and there were no problems.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I'm often limited to so-so hotels because I travel with animals so I wasn't expecting much of this property when I booked it (based on reviews here). However, the price was right for one night.

When I got there, the power was off (not the RRI's fault), so the staff upgraded rooms for those of us who were willing to be patient for an hour. Also, I have pets and there are two really big, grassy areas on the property for walking them. My room was sparkling clean, quiet and spacious. Honestly, it's a good place to stay if you're traveling down the Turnpike with pets. It's a little bit off the turnpike but easy to find and get to. Not much in the way of food choices (hello, Flying J!) but safe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Clawson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We just stayed here as an overnight stop on our way home and if I hadn't booked it as a prepaid room, I wouldn't have stayed at all. The lobby smelled horrible and the interior of the lobby/hotel hallway and room was very rundown and dated. I saw what I thought was blood on the room door and my husband saw stains on the carpet that he thought looked like blood - if he had said anything to me we would have been out of there, prepaid or not! I would not recommend this Red Roof Inn to anyone, this is way below the standards of other Roofs we have stayed at in the past.

It was so bad, we checked out at 8 am, I would have left at 4:30 if my husband and the kids would have been up and ready to go, or at least up and able to walk to the car.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
China, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friends and I spent one night at the Carlisle Red Roof Inn on way home to Maine from Ohio. The room was adequate but the entire place had clearly seen better days. The bathroom in our room was only marginally clean. The toilet was filthy and there were long black hairs on the floor. The continental breakfast was awful and the room it was served in was at least 85 degrees at 7 in the morning. No AC just stale flat hot air. Needless to say we will find somewhere else to stay on our way home next year.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Niagara Falls
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

While traveling up from N.C. we stayed in this Red Roof Inn in PA for the night. We pulled off the interstate and found this place handy. We used our AARP discount and the price was $57.87 total for the Sunday night. We asked for a non-pet used room. The room was ok the place was quiet. Nothing great mind you but fine for the weary traveler. The continental breakfast was very basic. Bagels, apples, a waffle maker, coffee and juice....better than nothing. I wouldn't seek this place out per se but our room was not as bad as some of the previous reviewers experiences, thank goodness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedar Park, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My mother and I recently completed at trip to PA. Since we travel with our small dog, we usually always stay at Red Roof Inns and for the most part have always been pleased with our room. We understand that motels that accept pets are taking a risk that some peoples pets may not always be "well trained". When we checked into our room, there was a noticeable odor. Nik immediately moved us to a new room and it was perfect. We checked out several days later and moved on to Philadelphia. After arriving at our new destination, I realized that I had left an item behind. When we left Philly several days later, we drove by this Red Roof Inn again on our return trip. I decided to stop on the off chance they had found the item and might still have it. Nik checked with housekeeping and they had indeed found it and still had it. While this motel is in need of a renovation, which I think they are already in the process of doing and it may not be perfect at this time, Nik and his staff work hard to make sure their guests are comfortable and their stay enjoyable. They were all very gracious and accommodating and we appreciated their friendliness and attention to our needs. If we are back in this area again, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stay at Red Roof Inns regularly, I'm not sure what happened here. The place was very dirty. Stains and dirt all over the hallways including the ceilings. Our room had mold and smaller bad. We had small stains all over our sheets. The air coming out of the a/c unit was causing black/gray stains on the curtins. The people at the front desk were nice enough, but we left because of how run down and dirty this place was.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Red Roof Inn Carlisle? Share your experiences!