“Awesome Hampton Inn experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lisbon, Ohio
“Awesome Hampton Inn experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Christine and her staff at the Carlisle Hampton were great hosts. The house keepers were friendly and efficient,the breakfast hostess served an excellent breakfast each morning with a nice selection with fresh hot food available.She also kept the area tidy and well stocked.The front deak people were polite and helpful. They answered any questions I had with a smile and the feeling they really did care about my stay.The over all experience made me make next years reservation already.After telling my brother of our stay he too will stay there for next years show.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
CRSchlossr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, July 17, 2010
Thank you to our friends in Ohio! We meet a lot of people at our hotel and I must say, quite a lot of them are traveling to or from the wonderful state of Ohio. It must be because we are probably about 6 hours (right?) from a center point of the Ohio state. Whenever we see Ohio license plates we know we are going to have a cheerful person walk through our doors! Is it the water? Is it the fresh air? Or is it just a weary traveler who is happy to have completed a long drive? Whatever it is...we are always eager to meet another person from the "Buckeye" state! We look forward to seeing you again!

Chris Schlosser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I can honestly say that as a Pastor's wife, we have traveled for many different conferences and events. This particular time was with the Youth Group from our church. Where most Hotels shy away from or institute extra "rules" when they know they are housing a group of teenagers -- The Carlisle Hampton Inn team made sure they catered to our teens. They did everything to make sure the kids had a blast and felt right at home, instead of in the way. Not only did our kids have fun, but the respect shown to them was reciprocated and they behaved in a respectful manner. WE WILL USE THIS HOTEL AGAIN as we schedule at least two outings in the Carlisle/Harrisburg area each year. THANK YOU!

• Stayed July 2010
CRSchlossr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, July 11, 2010
Hello! Thank you for sharing your group's experience with the TripAdvisor world! As the mother of a teen, I understand the importance of making sure our teenagers have a good time. Your group was very fun and respectful. Our staff enjoyed them and were happy to be a part of their adventure. We look forward to seeing everyone again. I know you had a full schedule this time around with the concerts and Hershey Park, but if you find you have downtime when your group is in Carlisle, PA - let me know. There are a couple excursions in the area I could suggest to you.
Thank you for bringing your group to stay with us!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

OK- having stayed in Carlisle many times while attending events at the fairgrounds, I feel at this point that this hotel is really predictable. Location is close to interstate access and is on a major throughfare through town-the nice thing about it though is that it is set back off of the road quite a bit and has a large open field behind it, allowing it to remain quiet at all times. Service was great. Everyone was really friendly, especially the front desk clerk that called my room after I checked in to make sure that it met my standards and everything was OK (this really impressed me!) to the breakfast attendant who wished us a great day as we left each day. All staff that I encountered were friendly and seemed genuine, something that you don't see much of these days. The room was very clean and had a larger than normal bathroom. The only negatives that I could think of were the TV (newer/more modern would be nice) and some of the furniture looked dated, but none of this was a huge detractor. Also, I was able to hear conversations from the room next to mine. Having said that, a couple of things that I liked were (1) the overall feel of the place-felt like home away from home, (2) beds were really comfortable, (3) the breakfast-there were lots of choices and was of above average quality, (4) this place does not seem to try to capitalize on special event weekends and raise the rates sky high like some of the other places in the area, (5) staff speaks English fluently (if you have stayed in Carlisle before at some other establishments, then you will know what I mean). For the area, this hotel is way above average, competitively/realistically priced and is on my small list of good places to stay in Carlisle.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Hello and Thank you to our friends from Virginia Beach! It's our job to put a smile on your face and you turned it around and put smiles on our faces too! We really appreciate your kind comments and want you to know that we are working on getting new (bigger) televisions in all of our guest rooms by the end of 2010. I think when you were at the hotel you already got to see our other upgrades (new carpet & wood tile) so hopefully the next time around we can dazzle you with a better television.

Please introduce yourselves to me if you are in our corner of the world again. I'd love to thank you personally!

Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I'm a big fan of Hampton Inns, and this one was no exception. Nice employees, a clean pool to swim in, a generous breakfast buffet in the morning. They had a sign up saying they were renovating, but we weren't interrupted by any work crews. We used this as a stopping point between Pittsburgh and New York City and it worked out well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for helping to promote our hotel. The thing unique about our staff is that "WE REALLY WANT OUR GUESTS TO ENJOY THEIR STAY!" When we get favorable responses from travelers such as yourselves, it helps to let other travelers know how hard we try to accomodate everyone. The next time you stop in, please try to introduce yourselves to me. I must say, I look forward to meeting "crazy and crazier!" :)

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I booked a block of rooms for my son's wedding. The sales manager was very accomodating. I had a room there myself, and not one of our guests had any complaints. The rooms were clean, the staff helpful. My guests appreciated the breakfast. We will probably host our family reunion and people have already said they would enjoy staying here again. The only minor annoyance was trying to call the hotel and being put on hold for 5 minutes- I guess they were understaffed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
CarlisleHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Thank you for sharing a review regarding your stay with us. Your wedding group was a big one and we really tried to accomodate everyones needs! it makes us happy to know everyone was pleased with our service and property!! I appologize that you had to hold for extra time to make your reservation. We are heading into our "slower" season and out front desk attendant may have been working by his or her self and was probably helping another guest. This gives me the idea to have the desk agents take names and phone numbers to call back travelers who may have to placed on hold longer than normal! This shows how important reviews are because it helps us recognize situations and address them for future travelers.

Safe travels and congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Hagerstown, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I travel extensively with my work and stay at Hilton Properties all over the East Coast and Midwest. The Hampton Inn Carlisle is a place of love to travel back to. From the friendliness of the Front Desk Staff when you arrive, the great breakfast every morning, and even the simple smiles and hellos of the house keeping staff. Everyone working there goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. The Manager of the Hampton, Christine, is very personable and a great person to deal with, she always has a smile on her face and takes 5 minutes to ask how things are and if there is anything else you need. The rooms are very nice and always clean. I would recomend this hotel to anyone as a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words! By seeing your email I know exactly who this is and myself and the staff enjoy having you stay with us too. I read your review with a big smile on my face! Our regular travelers become part of our family and this is the perfect example! We will make sure you have extra "M&M's" in your room the next time you stay since you were so nice to share a review on our hotel!! :)

Take Care,
Chris
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Selected this hotel due to the reputation of Hampton Inn and the fact this one was dog friendly. The hotel was clean and met all our needs. The staff was very professional. The entrance to the hotel could be better marked. It is difficult to find, we had to laugh as we were joined by a couple from Maine on an adjoining road also trying to find the entrance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
CarlisleHampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Thank you for such a pleasant review of our property!!

You are right, our entrance is a little tricky it's a common grumble with our guests. I wish we could work out something with the local municipality to put a road right in front of our hotel but they won't budge.

We really appreciate your nice words and look forward to having you stay with us again!

Been to Hampton Inn Carlisle? Share your experiences!