“Hampton Inn Carlisle, PA” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Roanoke, United States
“Hampton Inn Carlisle, PA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The bed sucked and we were not able to get a nice, comfortable sleep. Overall, the hotel is very nice, but they need to replace their mattresses. The breakfast was good and their service, excellent. The staff was extremely helpful at check in, when we needed a cart and there were none. A staff member carried some of our luggage for us. The beds were the biggest issue.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hello Kathye D!

Thanks so much for staying with us and thanks also for posting your review!

I am sorry that our mattress was not comfortable for you. I do apologize. I am happy that our breakfast service and staff were so helpful! I will pass your kind words onto them as well!

I wish you and yours safe travels and Happy Holidays!

Wayne Ambrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gibsonia, Pa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Until this hotel completes its renovation, forget it. The room was dusty, there were blood stains on the duvet and towels (also very thin), the bathroom amenities felt greasy to the touch and the heating system sounded like a 747 taking off. Staff was pleasant and they did refund the charge, but I would have preferred the room to be up to snuff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hello Ann H!

Thank you for your business and comments! I am sorry that we failed to provide you clean and comfortable surroundings for your recent stay.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team in an effort to improve!

I wish You and Yours safe travels and a Happy Holiday Season!

Carlisle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is excellent in quality and appearance, but the thing that really stood out was the friendliness and helpfulness of the Staff. Arrival and departure were very easily and efficiently handled. When the upgrades are completed, the hotel will be even better than it is now.

Hello Mary A!

Thank you so much for your business and comments! I will be sure to share your review with my team and pass on your kind words!

I wish you a safe and happy Holiday Season! Safe travels to you and yours!

Hillsborough, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Every about the hotel was excellent. But special compliments go out to the staff! The housekeeping staff was very helpful and the young woman that runs the continental breakfast was so helpful! It was Thanksgiving day and they were wonderful!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hello Joseph Z!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay! Thanks also for your business over the Thanksgiving Holiday!

I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our team! They love to hear when their efforts pay off with Happy Guests!

Sandy, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The front desk was very friendly. Service to get repairs made to broken items in the bathroom was lacking...non-existent. The cookies they served in the evening were great!!! Hallways were very loud and noisy early in the morning at 5:30 am, my first morning. The other two mornings were fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hello Ed B!

Thank you so much for staying with us and thanks for posting your reivew!

I am glad that our front desk team provided friendly service during your stay and I am glad you enjoyed the cookies!

I am sorry for the early morning disturbance and lack of maintenance in your room. I will be sure to address this with my team to see where the disconnect is as it should have been addressed the day it was reported. Please accept my apologies.

Thanks again for your businsess!

At your Service,

Melville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We always stay at this Hampton Inn on our way home from Knoxville. The rooms are always well equipped and spacious. We always ask for a microwave and refrigerator so we get a bigger room. The free cookies are always super delicious! The exercise room is a big plus for me. If there is a problem of any kind, they take care of it right away. Love the large bathrooms, fluffy towels, and lots of light in the room. They have large flat screen tv;s, comfy pillows and fluffy comforters. It's the right place for us!

Room Tip: Ask for a microwave and refrigerator to get a larger room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Hello racingdiva!

Thank you so much for your loyalty and return business! Thanks also for posting a review!

I am glad that our hotel is a good fit for you in your travels to and from Knoxville and let it be known that...I too love the cookies!

I am happy that our new fitness room, "worked out" well for you as well!

I will be sure to share your review with our team....thanks again for taking the time to review our property!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is what you would expect from any Hampton Inn. Check in is quick and easy and the staff is courteous, especially the lady that attends to breakfast. She has been wonderfully pleasant on the two occasions that I have stayed.The lobby and breakfast area have been remodeled to Hampton's latest design. Rooms are typical with desk, flat panel TV, fridge, etc. The beds are comfortable, but I do wish they would offer larger, "traditional" sized, pillows. Bathrooms have yet to be remodeled and are a bit cramped (compared to newer hotels) and dated. I recommend a room on the back facing the field. Hot breakfast is decent though I stick with oatmeal or fruit. Access to the hotel is not direct, but is attained by turning at the intersection by the truck stop.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces a field, where as the front faces the parking lot and road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello FNadeau,

Thank you so very much for staying with us TWICE and THANK YOU for taking the time to write a review! I will be sure to share your review with my team. They do such a good job and I am proud to be part of Team Hampton Inn Carlisle.

We are very excited to say that we will be renovating the guest rooms and bathrooms over the next few months so our dated bathroom look will be updated as well as our guest rooms.

Lastly, thank you for the tip regarding the back of the building! Many people like that view and ask for it upon arrival. Thanks also for the tip on accessing the hotel as it can be confusing given that we are adjacent to the PA Turnpike entrance and Interstate 81.

Thanks again for staying with us and thanks again for posting your review as we consider this information invaluable to a us as well as our future guests!

Hampton Inn Carlisle

Been to Hampton Inn Carlisle? Share your experiences!