“Amazing Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
“Amazing Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Everything was just perfect at this hotel. Each staff member was so friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here again. This hotel is so convenient to all the car shows held in Carlisle. And being a pet friendly hotel was very important to us since we travel with a small cat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hello Henrietta B!

Big big thank you for your business and review! I am glad our hotel was a good fit for you!

Safe Travels to You and Yours,

Hampton Inn Carlisle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Carlisle, PA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our overall experience was excellent. The staff was so service driven and couldn't do enough for us. The room was so clean and the beds were very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was so good because it was more than bagels, donuts and sugary cereals. It was fresh fruits, homemade oatmeal and quality cereals.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi Caryn W!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Our team will be so excited when to hear your review! They work so hard everyday and they truly love to hear when their efforts and, "Hamptonality" pays off!

Safe travels to you and yours and thank you for your business!

Yours in Hospitality,

Louisville, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed her for just a night en route to Long Island. Quick check in, clean rooms, nice work out area. Flat screen tv with decent channel selection. A/C was a bit loud, but worked well. Wifi worked well for a hotel (I was even able to stream Netflix, which is not always the case). A couple exits down there were several selections for food, etc.

Hello UMS!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn Carlisle and Thanks also for your business!

I will be sure to share your review with our team. They do so much to make sure our guests are comfortable and welcomed and they love to hear from our guests as much as I do!

Thanks again for your review and we wish safe travels to you and yours!

Yours in Hospitality,

Wayne Ambrose, CHA
Toms River, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Many problems at this Hampton all due to management. First, the last 3 times I have stayed at this Hampton Inn the stationary bike has not been working properly. The bike and the treadmill are the ONLY two machines in the room. There are not even any free weights. The petals tighten up so that it is too hard to push and then all of a sudden it loosens up so that there is no traction whatsoever. No matter how much you try to adjust the settings it makes no difference. Every level does the same fluctuation between an impossible tightness in pedaling to a complete loose spinning of the petals. It is a worthless machine. I did report it to the front desk and they said they would tell the manager. I find it hard to believe that in over 1 year's time this machine has not yet been fixed or replaced. There is also a consistent problem with hot water. After a couple of mins in the shower with hot water it turned ice cold. My shower was at 8AM on a Saturday morning. I had the same problem the last time I stayed at this hotel but the hotel was then under renovations so that was the excuse. So I now assume it is a permanent problem at this hotel. We needed to be somewhere by 9AM so I had to take an ice cold shower. We then had to wait 20 mins so that my son could have hot water. We were late for our appointment. There was no urgency from the front desk when I called about it. I was put on hold for 10 mins - time that I did not have and I just had to hang up and rush to get ready. A maintenance man then showed up at our door without notice from the front desk which was inconsiderate and rude. I answered the door dripping wet in a towel and obviously could not let him in. I then called the front desk twice to explain why I could not let him in and no one bothered to answer the phone. Nothing spells unprofessional more and there is nothing more aggravating than not getting through to the front desk. On check out I again told the front desk about the water and how late we were. The response I got was "Well I told maintenance. " Honestly we should have been comped the night. I am at Dickinson College many times a year and have stayed at this hotel all of last year. Unfortunately, I will have to look for other accommodations the next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Hello Debra B!

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us. I am so glad that you took the time to speak with me to discuss your concerns.
Please know that since your stay with us we have received our new elliptical machine for our fitness center and we are patiently awaiting the new treadmill and stationary bike. Unfortunately our fitness room is not quite big enough to accommodate free weights due to ADA standards.

We are working with our team to resolve the intermittent hot water issues and I will certainly work with my team to resolve the service issues.

Thanks again for your review and thank you for your business!

I wish you safe travels to you and yours!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had a very pleasant 5-day stay here - great staff - had 2 small problems - noisy neighbor one night (briefly) and found left-behind items/dirt behind luggage stand (had to move it when I dropped something back there) - staff responded well - loved the 24/7 coffee/tea/hot chocolate and Hershey kisses -

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hello Loretta W!

Thanks so much for your review and business!

I am glad to hear our team made you feel welcome! They work hard every day and love to hear comments such as yours expressed in your review! I will be sure to pass this onto them in our daily team huddle!

Thanks so much for staying and thanks again for your review!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We reallly enjoy going to Hampton Inns. They are always clean and comfortable. The staff is always pleasant and friendly and helpful. We don't stay anywhere else. I have only had one dissatisfied experience with Hamton and the was not because of the hotel itself.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wayne A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello and Thank You for Your Review!

Our team will be so happy to hear your kind words! Thanks so much for staying and thank you for traveling!

Safe Travels to You and Yours!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Carlisle Hampton Inn. The room was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the pool. It was clean and well kept. We also enjoyed the abundant complimentary breakfast. But one of the best things is to come back to the hotel in the evening and be able to get a complimentary hot cocoa. Much appreciated after a long day.

Hi Lisa C!

I am so happy to hear you had a successful stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Carlisle! Thanks so much for your kind words!

We recently renovated the pool area, fitness room and lobby and I am glad to hear that you and your family were comfortable!

We will keep the cocoa waiting for you should your travels ever bring you this way again!

Thanks so much for your business and thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Hampton Inn Carlisle

Been to Hampton Inn Carlisle? Share your experiences!