“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I can only reiterate the views of others. The hotel is clean and well maintained and very quiet considering the proximity to the highway.Everywhere looks new. The breakfast selection is good with the hot items well cooked. We used the gym which is better than a lot of other hotels we have stayed in. We will stay here on my next visit to Carlisle.

Room Tip: The front side of the hotel faces away from the highway. But the entire hotel was quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great being convenient to the highway and not have the noise in the hotel. I'm glad you got to enjoy our breakfast and use our gym. You will have to take a swim in our indoor pool on your next trip. Also make sure to visit Cracker Barrel or Chilis which are right next door. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This was my first visit to this hotel and I was very pleased. The room was recently remodeled, the bathroom was a little small, but overall the room suited me just fine. Lots of parking and a great location if you're going to the fairgrounds. Staff was very courteous. Surprisingly quiet although the hotel is right next to I-81. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Most people are amazed how quiet it is in the hotel with the highway right next door. Hopefully you got to use some of our amenities such as our indoor pool, fitness and wonderful breakfast in the morning. We hope to see you again soon.
Canton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed here on our way back from North Myrtle Beach. We flew into the airport and was shuttled to Sleep Inn. It was great being right next to Cracker Barrel and Home Depot. The warm was very clean and the service was awesome. They had everything that you could think of for breakfast and then we were shuttle back to the airport. What GREAT Service. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I will pass on your nice comments to our staff. It is hard to pick what to have for breakfast with so many options. We hop to see you again.
Midland Park, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Virginia on a Wednesday night.We used our choice hotel points for the stay.It is right off Interstate 81 but the hotel is nice and quiet. We checked in late the girl at the front desk was very pleasant.We went right to our room.The room was nice and clean and looked newly done.The bathroom was a little strange,the sink was outside the bathroom right next to the one bed.The bathroom had a glass stall shower that was very small and not very high,there was no shelf or soap dish..The ledge wasn't big enough for the soap so it kept falling. and no place for shampoo..It reminded me of a cruise ship bathroom.The beds were comfortable except for the pillows, they were very small and not very comfortable.
We still got a good nights sleep, the hotel was very quiet despite being off the interstate.
They offered free breakfast which we did not use, we went to the Cracker Barrel next door.
All in all a niceclean and friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a tub if available, shower stalls are very small
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our "new" room. I will let our desk staff know about the nice comments. I'm sorry that you did not have breakfast with us, but Cracker Barrel is nice being right next door. We hope to see you again soon.
Central New York State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We've stayed at this property several times, and when I think of it, I think country. I am always a little surprised to arrive there and find it so busy, because the motel itself is off the road and away from the chaos. It's right next to a Cracker Barrel, so we can walk to dinner rather than get back in the car. On arrival, I-81 seems very close and noisy, but from inside the motel, I'm not at all aware of the highway.

The rooms are clean and pleasant, and our room always seems to have a fridge and a microwave. The pet area is clean and easy to access.

I anticipate we'll stay there again whenever we're in the area. Comfortable place - and we do like the country atmosphere!

• Stayed March 2014
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It is nice to sit back off the highway. Most guests find the Cracker Barrel to be a great asset. We hope to see you again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The big king bed i stayed in was amazing. I slept so good. The bed was very comfortable! I didnt eat any breakfast but i did notice there was a good bit to choose from. It looked good. The service was great the staff was always so friendly!! Anyone in The carlisle or harrisburg area should stay here!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have just finished a very large renovation of the property and it is nice to see the changes get noticed. We also do offer a full deluxe continental breakfast that does include a waffle maker and sausage links. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Acton, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I were traveling through PA on our way home to Maine. We hadn't been at the motel for more than 15 minutes when he became very ill and we had to call 911. After a harrowing ride to the hospital, I called back to the motel to ask them to hold our room for another night. Sarah, the night receptionist, said she got off work at 11 and asked if there was anything she could bring to me at the hospital. I spent the night with my husband at the hospital and went back to the motel to freshen up and do laundry. The breakfast time there had passed but Misty ( the day receptionist) asked if I had eaten and brought me out a bowl of cereal, coffee and a muffin. Our son had to come down from NH to drive us home and his bus was late but Carolyn ( the manager) said we could stay in our room until he arrived with no extra charge so my husband could rest. These people went out of their way to make our trip from Hell bearable. The room was amongst the cleanest we had been in and the people there were just extraordinarily warm and helpful. Thank you and kudos to the management and owner for hiring such wonderful people.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sleep Inn Carlisle. I'm glad we could make your trip a little better for you. I will pass on your comments to our staff. We have wonderful employees that will go above and beyond for our guests. We hope to see you again on your next trip.

Been to Sleep Inn Carlisle? Share your experiences!