“NICE PLACE OFF THE INTERSTATE” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Carlisle
Midland Park, NJ
“NICE PLACE OFF THE INTERSTATE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here on our way to Virginia on a Wednesday night.We used our choice hotel points for the stay.It is right off Interstate 81 but the hotel is nice and quiet. We checked in late the girl at the front desk was very pleasant.We went right to our room.The room was nice and clean and looked newly done.The bathroom was a little strange,the sink was outside the bathroom right next to the one bed.The bathroom had a glass stall shower that was very small and not very high,there was no shelf or soap dish..The ledge wasn't big enough for the soap so it kept falling. and no place for shampoo..It reminded me of a cruise ship bathroom.The beds were comfortable except for the pillows, they were very small and not very comfortable.
We still got a good nights sleep, the hotel was very quiet despite being off the interstate.
They offered free breakfast which we did not use, we went to the Cracker Barrel next door.
All in all a niceclean and friendly place to stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a tub if available, shower stalls are very small
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our "new" room. I will let our desk staff know about the nice comments. I'm sorry that you did not have breakfast with us, but Cracker Barrel is nice being right next door. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Central New York State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at this property several times, and when I think of it, I think country. I am always a little surprised to arrive there and find it so busy, because the motel itself is off the road and away from the chaos. It's right next to a Cracker Barrel, so we can walk to dinner rather than get back in the car. On arrival, I-81 seems very close and noisy, but from inside the motel, I'm not at all aware of the highway.

The rooms are clean and pleasant, and our room always seems to have a fridge and a microwave. The pet area is clean and easy to access.

I anticipate we'll stay there again whenever we're in the area. Comfortable place - and we do like the country atmosphere!

• Stayed March 2014
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It is nice to sit back off the highway. Most guests find the Cracker Barrel to be a great asset. We hope to see you again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The big king bed i stayed in was amazing. I slept so good. The bed was very comfortable! I didnt eat any breakfast but i did notice there was a good bit to choose from. It looked good. The service was great the staff was always so friendly!! Anyone in The carlisle or harrisburg area should stay here!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have just finished a very large renovation of the property and it is nice to see the changes get noticed. We also do offer a full deluxe continental breakfast that does include a waffle maker and sausage links. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.
Acton, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I were traveling through PA on our way home to Maine. We hadn't been at the motel for more than 15 minutes when he became very ill and we had to call 911. After a harrowing ride to the hospital, I called back to the motel to ask them to hold our room for another night. Sarah, the night receptionist, said she got off work at 11 and asked if there was anything she could bring to me at the hospital. I spent the night with my husband at the hospital and went back to the motel to freshen up and do laundry. The breakfast time there had passed but Misty ( the day receptionist) asked if I had eaten and brought me out a bowl of cereal, coffee and a muffin. Our son had to come down from NH to drive us home and his bus was late but Carolyn ( the manager) said we could stay in our room until he arrived with no extra charge so my husband could rest. These people went out of their way to make our trip from Hell bearable. The room was amongst the cleanest we had been in and the people there were just extraordinarily warm and helpful. Thank you and kudos to the management and owner for hiring such wonderful people.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sleep Inn Carlisle. I'm glad we could make your trip a little better for you. I will pass on your comments to our staff. We have wonderful employees that will go above and beyond for our guests. We hope to see you again on your next trip.
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel was just refurbished. Very clean. Awesome Breakfast in the AM.. employees are helpful..

The Night Receptionist (Sarah) is very outgoing, and always greets you with a smile!

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014
Brian W, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Carlisle, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you found our employee helpful. We take great pride in helping our guests. Our housekeepers do a great job keeping the hotel clean. We hope to see you again.
Albemarle, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Complete upgrade all around, super rooms, very clean. Service is exceptional. I would recommend staying here anytime. Great location to Harrisburg, Hersey an casino, short trip to Gettysburg, an mountains.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have just completed a renovation of the property including new carpet, bedding and lobby. We are located within an easy drive of many wonderful attractions in Central Pennsylvania. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I love to stay at this hotel for the cleanliness and friendly customer service. The breakfast is very good!! The rooms are gorgeous and beds are very comfortable! I stay here for business and the hotel is conveniently located to I-81. I definitely would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I think our location is great as it is easy off easy on to I81 but without the noise in the rooms. We did just upgrade our beds and have a deluxe continental breakfast each morning. We hope to see you again.

Been to Sleep Inn Carlisle? Share your experiences!