“Friday into Saturday stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carbondale
Toms River, New Jersey
“Friday into Saturday stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Finding it was a bit tricky. I spotted a sign on the side of the building several blocks away but when I got there nothing indicating a motel, even though my GPS insisted I was there. I went around the block and saw an enclosed parking area for hotel guests, not giving the name of the hotel. I parked there and it was the correct place. Check in was very fast and efficient. Room decent and clean. Check out was also very fast and efficient. Hotel guests on weekends got served their complementary breakfast in the main restaurant. There is a separate place for this on weekdays. The breakfast ordered by us was cooked to order and decent.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator and the hallway nearest it. The walls were a bit thin and y...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lisa C, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Pioneer Plaza, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Robert B,
Thank you so much for staying with us & thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the room & the breakfast & I will be sure to let our front desk staff know what a great job they are doing.

I apologize that you had some difficulty locating the hotel & parking area. We do have signage ordered for each of the areas that you indicated for our guests' convenience.

We hope that you will come and visit us again soon. Thank you again & have a great Holiday.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in the middle of downtown Carbondale. It's been open for about six months. The rooms are large and nicely appointed with both a desk and a easy chair with a hassock. There is free wifi. All of these features are similar to the suburban motels seen everywhere.

The hotel also has an attached restaurant that is patronized by area residents more than guests. The restaurant only opened about two weeks ago and is sill getting its act together so service is a bit slow. Food is good though. At checkin, guests receive tickets for breakfast from a limited, but sufficient, menu.

The exercise room is adequate with an elliptical machine, a stationary bike, a treadmill and a weight machine.

One thing I didn't like is that there is a $1.50 fee for the in-room safe. We were told that it will be removed from the bill if we ask at checkout but it seems to be an attempt to nickel and dime a few dollars more.

Overall, a nice place to stay when visiting the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ed M,
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am happy to hear that your overall experience was a positive one & we really appreciate your compliments to our facility.

I apologize that you were unhappy with the charge for the safe. We do advise each guest of the charge at check-in and ask them to initial the advisement on their registration card. The reason we then automatically post this fee to each account is to protect the privacy of our guests. We don't want to know, and more importantly, we are sure our guests don't want us or anyone else within earshot to know, if they are carrying valuables. By advising our guests & automatically posting the fee we allow our guests to make the decision in the convenience & privacy of their own room whether or not they want to use this valuable service. Either way, we operate completely on the honor system & any guest request to remove the fee is automatically honored at check-out.

Thank you again for staying with us & we hope to see you again in the future!

Carbondale, PA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Nice new hotel. Staff was excellent and dealt with our issues promptly. Included breakfast was good value, but a little slow. We had issue with shower not hot enough and were give another room where that was no longer problem. We could clearly hear the couple in the next room, including the snoring. Fortunately they checked out the next day, and we were given a reduced rate for that night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lisa C, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Pioneer Plaza, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Robert W,
Thank youvery much for choosing the Best Western Pioneer Plaza in Carbondale. I am very glad that you were pleased with our service and value.
I would like to apologize that we did not exceed all of your expectations during your stay. While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast, I am sorry that your service was slow. I have brought this training issue to the Food & Beverage Manager's attention.
In addition, I apologize that you were inconvenienced by the lack of hot water as well as noise issues. I have informed the General Manager as well as the General Contractor of these problems & we will be sure to address them promptly.
We hope that you will consider staying with us again so we have another opportunity to provide you with exceptional service and exceed all of your expectations. Thank you again for staying with us!

Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The new Best Western in Carbondale is up and running and I visited the Bar and restaurant on opening day -- very good start for a clean, nice looking hotel in Carbondale Pa which is about 15 miles north of Scranton. The bar is nicely stocked with good bartenders and the restaurant has a fireplace and is clean and has an outstanding menu. Prices are fair and in line with the area and I believe this hotel will be a hit. I understand rooms are about $100 per night and parking is free and adequate and in a covered well lit area. Nice new addition to the area.

Room Tip: Brand new hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Trishi,
Thank you so much for visiting the brand new Ambers Bar & Restaurant in the Best Western Pioneer Plaza. We are delighted to hear that you had a great dining experience! We really appreciate the compliments & you taking the time to write this review! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff & management. We hope to see you again soon!

Gilford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Planed on staying 1-2 nights, but stayed for 6 nights, very nice, quiet but great location! Clean, great value. Great Breakfast buffet. Manager was very nice and helpful, having a washer and dryer on site was great too. We were visiting family and planned to move around, but stayed there because we were so comfortable. Only Negative was no Microwave, but there was one in the laundry area you could use. It did have a refrig.

Dear Grace D,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review for us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much that you spent a few extra nights! I'm really excited to let you know that if you enjoyed the breakfast buffet, you are going to LOVE our brand new FULL HOT breakfast in the all new Ambers Restaurant! We really hope that you will come & visit us again soon. Thank you again for choosing the Best Western Pioneer Plaza!

Safe travels,
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night. We booked a room with 2 queen beds and when we arrived were given a 2 queen bed suite. It was very nice on the 4th floor. Everything was really nice. It is a new hotel, but the front desk was great as was the room and breakfast was nice with make your own waffle, fresh fruit, toast and bagels, hard boiled eggs, and juices. Really glad this hotel opened since we will send friends and relatives here for our Son's wedding in August 2014. They also have plenty of free parking on site.

• Stayed November 2013
Lisa C, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Pioneer Plaza, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear trytogetawayoften,
Thank you so much for choosing the Best Western Pioneer Plaza & for writing this wonderful review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay & that you were happy with your complimentary upgrade to a suite!
We are thrilled that you & your family will visit us again for your son's wedding in 2014. I am looking forward to it!!! I am also very excited to let you know that when you return, you will be able to enjoy our brand new Ambers Bar & Restaurant! Thank you again for staying with us.

Carbondale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

pleasantly surprised by quality of rooms and helpfulness and pleasant attitudes by all staff members. I hope they stay a positive as the facility grows in the community. It would be a pleasant meeting place for business meetings if rooms were made available. I will definitely return to see how the restaurant is rated after completion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Donna L,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I am so happy to hear that you were "pleasantly surprised" with your stay. I will pass along your kind words to our staff...they really are a great team & we owe much of our success to their hard work & positive attitudes.

I want to let you know that we do have meeting space available. Our beautiful Chandelier Ballroom is approximately 6000 sq. ft. & can also be split in half. In addition, we have a small meeting room off our main lobby as well as a private dining room in our Brand New bar & restaurant, Ambers.

I certainly do hope you will come back & visit us again soon & I am sure you will be impressed by the new restaurant...a great addition to a great community!

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Pioneer Plaza? Share your experiences!