I booked a room for 2 nights for my daughter who is 18 through expedia. No indication on expedia says the hotel requires 21 as the minimum age to check in. She arrived late (past midnight) after a concert to check in and was told she could not. Granted I understand the policy but the could have been more helpful - they could have let her call us and I could fax any documentation they need. This morning I called the hotel and the staff (both front-desk and so-called manager were both very stand-offish). The manager insisted that the said policy is for the hotel guest's safety - what kind of safety is it to turn away an 18-year-old girl the middle of the night without at least trying to help??? And the manager gave this comment about not using online sites to book - excuse me - at this day and age?? I have been using travel portals for I don't remember how many years! I would NEVER touch another Hilton brand hotel if this is the kind of customer service I am getting from their staff. They deserve a rating of 0!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe. Where fine accommodations, excellence in food and comfortable surroundings are not the exception but the standard. Point south to the premier meeting location that offers functionality and fun. Someplace that provides the excellence of the Hilton HHonors Program. The Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe offers the comforts of home with the following features and amenities:Hotel Features~175 Guest Rooms with 42 Suites and 2 Jacuzzi Rooms~Great American Grill serving Breakfast~18,000 Square Feet of Meeting and Event Facilities~Complimentary 24 hour Business Center~Golf Packages Available~Complete Conference Services Staff and Audio/Visual Team~24-Hour Pavilion Pantry Convenience Mart~Complimentary Guest Parking~Complimentary Usage of our Fitness Center~Indoor Swimming Pool and Whirlpool ~Evening Room Service~Jackson Restaurant Guest Room Amenities~Microwave, Refrigerator and Coffee Maker~Two Dual-Line Speakerphones with Voice Mail and Data Ports~Large Work Desk with Convenient Desk-Level Outlets, Adjustable Lighting and Ergonomic Chair~Hair Dryer, Full-Sized Irons and Ironing Boards~Free High Speed Internet AccessJacksons Restaurant-Rotisserie-Bar~200 Seat Upscale Dining with a Warm Casual Atmosphere~Serving a Wide Variety of American Cuisine with an International Flair~Natural Slate, Wood, Stone and Metal Décor Featuring a Fireplace ~Display Kitchen with a Wood Burning Grill, Brick Oven and Rotisserie~Private Dining Room for up to 20 People~18 Seat Bar with Additional Table Seating~Outdoor Patio for Seasonal Dining~Serving Lunch and Dinner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Southpointe Hotel Canonsburg
- Hilton Garden Inn Canonsburg
- Hilton Canonsburg
- Canonsburg Hilton