“Service was a notch above the food!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Canadensis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
hoosier in jersey
“Service was a notch above the food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We were here on a business/social dinner. We reserved the private room for a small ($25) charge. It truly was private! Our server was excellent. She was attentive but not intrusive. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and took her time with us. We had some significant dietary issues and she went above and beyond with our requests. Our food was good, not great in general. Crab dishes were rather small portions and rather salty. The pasta alfredo was very good. Steaks were average. Desserts were definately the high point of the meal. All were good.
The menu was pretty pricey considering both quality of dishes and portion size.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TheFrogtownInn, Owner at The Frogtown Inn & 6 Acres Restaurant, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
I want to thank for the critique and want you to know that we strive to be the best and take all of your comments into consideration. We have a great team here and I am very happy that your server took great care of you during your dining experience. We try our best to meet everyone's dietary restrictions and am happy that we could meet yours. As for our menu pricing we have to price accordingly to the rising cost due to our economy. We only want to offer top quality food. I do hope that you will try us again in the near future.

Angelica Brost
Owner, Frogtown Food, LLC

Millbury, MA
“Great experience and amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I were in the Poconos area celebrating our 5 year anniversary. We weren't sure where to go for our anniversary dinner. So we pulled up Trip advisor and saw all the excellent reviews and decided to see if we could get in. It was about 8pm and we called on the way and they were able to get us in! I do recommend reservations in the future!

We arrived and got seated right away. The dinning room was very elegant with wooden floors and beautiful decor. The wait staff was very attentive and dinner I thought was paced well for our special event but if you were in a hurry this not a good fit. Each course got better and better.

I started with the crab soup, main was a rack of lamb and dessert we shared tiramisu. I was surprised by the portion of a whole rack of lamb and it was so tender it fell of the bone and was accompanied by an amazing risotto. The tiramisu was rich and creamy.

Only critique I have (possibly because my husband works in the culinary field) one or two more waiters may have made the difference. We almost saw two waitresses crash into each out rushing around.

Thank you Trip advisor for helping to make my anniversary great!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Allendale, New Jersey
“Good food despite reservation problems...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife had booked an evening dinner on a Saturday night for my birthday. When we arrived the place was totally booked by a wedding rehearsal dinner group. We were never contacted and made aware that they were booked. Apparently there are new owners and the voicemail system was not working right and the person taking the calls was on vacation. Anyway, we reluctantly agreed to be seated in the bar area. Luckily we had the place to ourself for most of our meal. Our waiter was wonderful and could not do enough for us. The food was excellent and was worth staying for. So, end result we were very satisfied with the food and the wait staff despite the problems. I would go back again and would recommend this restaurant if you are in the area.

Visited September 2013
“Hidden Gem! Cannot say enough...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend at Skytop Lodge and had dinner at the Frogtown Inn and Six Acres Restaurant both nights. From start to finish our meals were amazing. We consider ourselves "foodies" and everything we had both nights was beyond our expectations. Truly some of the best seafood dishes we've had, and we're in the middle of the mountains. The staff is incredibly courteous and very helpful. We absolutely cannot say enough. We live on Long Island and will absolutely be back!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
reading, pa
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have been here 3 times over 2 years. Main menu the same all year with some specials. Many crab based dishes. Wedge salad great, tomato, blue cheese and filet "small plate" had perfectly cooked filet but tomato was not really grilled and not much flavor/kind of waxy- but its not tomato season.Staff could not be more attentive and professional.

Visited July 2013