“Not the best experience.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Camp Hill
Marion
“Not the best experience.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I opted for an outside door for convenience as I needed to carry in a lot of stuff. The outside entrances are on the backside; lower level and in desperate need of repair. The paint is peeling, the bricks are falling down and the "security door" to the hotel is broken. It was overall a less than "secure" feeling staying in that room. The matresses are VERY OLD and worn. There were signs of bed bugs in the corner of the mattresses.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Very clean. Large Room. Excellent food at the hotel and at the convention center. Was at the pool mid day when a staffer came by and askedif I needed anything. (Was like being at a nice resort.) Staff was freindly and professional. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Penna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed for the Pmta Truch Championships and was very surprised, the hotel was nice and the service was very good. I had the breakfast buffet which wasn't great , my wife went across the street to Perkins and had a much better breakfast. We had dinner in one of the ballrooms and it was very nice. All in all it was a nice weekend.

Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here because the seminar I was attending was being held in the convention center. However, I was glad I did. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was immaculate. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Brookville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Looking to save a little money, I opted for the Radisson just a few miles outside of Harrisburg. As you approach the hotel you will have the feeling that things look pretty good. The layout has a sort of college appeal to it. The staff seems friendly enough. However, once you get to your room you see that it is very dated. The room I had had two entrances - one to the hallway and another to the parking lot. Parking directly outside my room door reminded me of the old motels that my family would find on long trips out west. Once inside the 'under the window' style a/c unit was churning away, the early 80's colors on the bedding, and the green carpet screamed out motel. And an average one at that. The bathroom was small and also dated.

Staying two nights revealed another interesting note - the USA Today was delivered to the room with a note that read if you wanted to keep the paper there would be a 75 cent charge, if not you could return it to the front desk and they would not apply the charge. I had no idea any hotel did this, let alone the Radisson. Since the room was what seemed like a half mile from the front desk, I decided I would splurge and keep the paper that I ultimately did not read.

It is clear from my experience here that the Radisson name has become watered down to the level of upscale motel (and i am only writing of the external view, since there was nothing upscale about the room itself). There are plenty of options in the area and I would advise those looking to consider all that is available before choosing this Radisson.

Room Tip: Rooms at other hotels would be better. But for this Radisson you may want to upgrade to a suite (if...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. Our entire staff works to exceed our guest expectations. i am sorry we missed in your case. We are preparing to begin a significant room renovation project that I am confident will address the issues you have referenced. We hope that you will return and see the positive changes and give us an opportunity to onces again serve you. I apologize for the USA Today mis-understanding, there certainly is not an additional charge for the newspaper. We will re-visit the wording to insure that it this is clearly stated. Again thank you for your comments and we hope that you will re-visit us to enjoy our renovations.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here on night for a training with my work. It isn't the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, but it certainly wasn't the best. The room was adequately clean, but it did feel a little musty. I'd guess the coverlet has been washed in a few months (which is the case at many hotels I know). The gym consisted of a couple of treadmills and ellipticals with TV screens. If you plan to lift weights your are out of luck. The fresh cookie in the room was a nice touch but mine was so doughy I was a little worried about eating it. Also, although my room was non-smoking I sensed that a smoker had stayed their in the not too distant past. It wasn't enough to complain about for me, but a person sensitive to that might make a point to mention it upon booking. My training was in one of the conference rooms. My biggest complaint about the conference room was that it was FREEZING the entire day. Food was decent but nothing special, except for the brownies which were delicious.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent comments. You honest feedback enables us to truly measure if we are meeting our guests expectations. It seems as we may have missed on a few points, we will certainly use your feedback to improve. We are in the beginning stages of several upgrade processes including room renovations, and hope to have availibility of local gyms for those guests that desire different equipment than we have in our fitness center. I hope that you consider visiting us again and experiences these changes.
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel is centrally located; however, it has a terrible smell of humidity and cigarettes. The room is very old and bed linings were old, wasted and didn't have a clean feel to it. This hotel needs a major refurbishment and I will not stay here even if it's free.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Harrisburg, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not pleasant. We certainly strive to make all our guests feel welcome & provide them with quality, comfortable stay. We take your comments seriously, please feel free to contact me directly so we may discuss the particulars of your visit. This will allow us to improve our trainings and make sure we are focusing on these items as we begin our full guestroom renovations.

Been to Radisson Hotel Harrisburg? Share your experiences!