“Our favorite spot for great Italian” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Our favorite spot for great Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Best marinara anywhere! The food is great and the service is very professional. If you're looking for a delicious Italian meal, look no further. I only wish the Tortellini San Marco was still on the menu. Plus, BYOB!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Camp Hill
“Comfortable Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Nino's is comfort. The atmosphere is linen tablecloths and napkins, low lighting, and quiet popular Italian music. The sauce is great. Cindy, a one woman food machine, turns it out by herself in the kitchen. A special extra-it is BYO. You can pick up a bottle of your favorite wine a few blocks away and then settle in for a nice dinner.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Harrisburg, Pa.
“OK at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My family visited this restaurant on a Saturday evening, and I hate to say it, but it was disappointing. We had heard some good things about this place, but we certainly didn’t experience any of it.

The service was not very good. Maybe the waitress was new. Everything seemed to be an issue from getting a table for five to not knowing or understanding the menu. She didn’t know or realize that spaghetti with sausage was on the menu (it seemed like a basic listing at an Italian restaurant). No special orders were even considered – could not have spaghetti with meat sauce and meatballs, would not add mushrooms to a marinara order. SERIOUSLY? I have never run into that at any other Italian restaurant.

The food was OK at best. We ordered very basic things (had to from the above) – manicotti, ravioli, spaghetti. We sent one dish back because it was cold by the time it reached the table. The salad was small but good, and the house dressing was tasty. The portion sizes were small to average.

The atmosphere again was OK, had the feel of a nice place, but the tables were much too close together. Our conversations were drown out from a table of six inches behind us. So close that the other waitress could not get through.

The pricing was high for what was received. It was not worth the price. They are many other better Italian restaurants in the Harrisburg area. I hope other people have better luck than we did, but we will not be going back.

• Visited June 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania Furnace, Pennsylvania
“nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Nino’s Bistro, Market Street & 18th, Camp Hill ***
This place has been here a while but does not seem to have a lot of business. I went with friends. Ambiance is nothing to write about. Service was very good, a delightful young woman who kept on top of things with out interfering. Salad was nothing special. House dressing on the side was tasty. I think it would be nice to be asked if I wanted my salad tossed, it would have given life to it. I had Chicken Picatta. It was cooked well. a nice sauce, but small portion. A homemade bread was served with main course and good for gravy dipping. There was no butter. A small side order of pasta, spaghetti , was also served. The spaghetti had a marinara sauce, which was strange as the Picatta had gravy for the pasta. My friends enjoyed their dishes. For dessert I had the house made tiramasu. Other desserts are not made there. Tiramasu was light and pleasant, at $8, it was expensive. I realize places that are BYOB have a hard job making money just from the food. My advice, reduce the menu ( save money on inventory and prep time), Increase portions until people start mentioning it in reviews like mine, and reduce the cost by a few dollars to increase volume.

• Visited June 2011