“Treated Like Royalty” 5 of 5 stars

One Fountain Avenue, Cambridge Springs, PA 16403   |
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Treated Like Royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I totally enjoyed my recent stay at the Riverside Inn. Needing some rest and a change of scenery, I booked the Riverside for just one night. Immediately I was welcomed by the friendly staff (Chris) and went upstairs to my small but comfortable room with antique furniture. A waitress soon appeared bringing a bottle of wine my husband had delivered (to help me relax!). Everything about my stay was pleasant; the attractive grounds, sitting on the large covered porch as well as the delicious meals. The Riverside really is a step back in time and I loved the absolute quiet in the room with no TV or phone. I didn't even have cell phone coverage except in the parking lot. I definitely plan on staying again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Robert T, Owner at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We are very happy that you were able to relax and enjoy your time with us. Thank you for your great review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
UNIONTOWN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Inn is a beautifully restored 1800's structure with memorabilia tastefully displayed as a reminder of the time when the area thrived with springs and spas. perhaps to take us back in years the guest rooms have no phones or TVs. i pads and cell phones are not banned for those who can't get fully into the spirt of it all. The upscale dining rooms, pubs,banquet rooms and ballrooms provide reality checks. The food variety and quality are excellent. We enjoyed viewing the grounds from rockers on the porch before a entertaining evening at their dinner theater.

Room Tip: Every room decor is different. Prices vary probably in proportion with tastes and size. If it is not...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Robert T, Owner at The Riverside Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and the garden areas! We look forward to sending you back in time again next year for another relaxing stay.
Waynesburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I spent the night at Riverside Inn on Nov. 24th with tickets to the diner theater. After checking in we spent time at the Christmas Craft Fair which seems to be lacking some of the usual vendors, and had very few Christmas items. Seating for the play was at 5:30pm, and the meal served around six. The servers in the theater work hard and are very attentive. The meal served would have rivaled a garbage plate at a cheap dinner. I sent mine back. After diner the play started. What play! It was montage of Christmas Carols lyrics flashed on a screen with the patrons expected to sing. I'm sure Mitch Miller and the bouncing ball was rolling over in his grave. The writer should be writing obituaries for the local paper. After hearing three or four songs, I along with about a dozen other people left the theater. Once in the lobby the subject of conversation was how disappointing the diner and theater was. Oh to have the Halliday's back in control! The Riverside Inn has become tradition with us and many others who have come back to the Inn over many years. My wife and I were married at the Inn, and will never go back to the theater again. I observed the performers were having a difficult time with the play, and they are they very talented. We hope things will change for the better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on Nov 2 for one night. We were impressed with the hotels hospitality and caring. Food was delicious. Got to see the medieval dinner theatre which was great also. Lots of laughs. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a place to relax and get away. The rooms felt like we were staying at grandma's house. At dinner time we could smell the food. What a great stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Meadville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Went to see the Medieval Feast dinner theatre. All I can say is that no matter how many times I see it, each time is better than the last. We always have the BEST TIME! We always try to bring newbies.
When you come up to the Inn you have to stop to just drink in the view.... the hotel, the grounds, the imagined history. Walk up the steps & walk into history. How could you not LOVE it! While we have not spent a night there, we want to. I would challenge anyone who writes a review that was less than glowing. Food: Excellent. Entertainment: Excellent. Atmosphere: Excellent. Ambience: Excellent
Kudos to the owners! And to the star of the Medieval Feast, Queenie....Bravo! And not to slight the cast...a HUGE thumbs up!

• Stayed October 2012
cleveland, ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great place for a wedding but not a good place to stay. There isn’t an elevator so you are on your own to carry your bags up a couple of flights. Rooms are out of date and I mean worn down furniture and shaky beds. We rented a “double” room and received a room with a twin and a single. Both beds shacked and were not very comfortable at all. They don’t have the amenities of a normal hotel, elevator, room phones, room service, TV, updated bedroom and bathrooms but there prices are about the same as a hotel with those kinds of amenities so beware. The bathroom was just out of date; warn out, no soap or shampoo and I did not feel comfortable bathing there.

We were there for a wedding and I can’t recommend this place enough for a wedding. They have a couple of gardens which are in tip top shape for your wedding vows. The ball room and bar is beautiful with more then enough staff to wait on your guests. The bartenders were very slow and you waited 20 minutes in line for a drink but that would be my only complaint with there catering. The ball room is connected to a very large veranda lined with rocking chairs and some very interesting antiques. Makes for a great place to drink and talk for a wedding. So again, a great place for a wedding but not so good for renting a room.

Room Tip: STay at the Quality Inn down the road!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Methuen, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Have stayed many years for a week in June; Nelson Eddy's birthday (June 29th) week. The ambience is completely relaxing, and the only problem: a balky lavatory stopper which was repaired IMMEDIATELY!
If you appreciate art, there are many of William Vrsack's works gracing the comfortable lobby. My favorite is the Amish Family, Sillouhetted in the snow. A masterpiece. Thanks Bill The service at meals was nonparellel. Attentive and courteous young ladies all. A special thanks to Rachel. Only one meal found the steak a bit undercooked. We were bit disappointed by not having dessert at several meals. These were the only items for management to consider for attention! We were planning on Bermuda in 2013, but have reconsidered and will return to Riverside. Wedonot need endless excitement and activity to enjoy ourselves. the atmosphere at the inn is a tonic for the heart and soul!
We sleep like babies (NO,not fussing and crying!) in the tomb-like quiet of our room, without blaring noises emanating from a neighbor.

Room Tip: Have read from other reviews that noise emanates from the bar, so choose a room at eithernd of the h...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!