“Hard to find in the dark ,but worth the effort !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Locust Brook Lodge Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Butler
Locust Brook Lodge Bed & Breakfast
You added Locust Brook Lodge Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
179 Eagle Mill Road, Butler, PA 16001   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Butler B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Hard to find in the dark ,but worth the effort !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Warning : Our Garmin led us out into a gravel road nearby - be sure to CALL and ask for directions once you are in Butler ! We were on our way back from Cleveland and stopped for the night . The room was huge with a Jacuzzi and separate shower . The breakfast was amazing ,the other people enjoyable . Carol welcomed us with homemade quiche , REAL biscuits , and a compote of local peaches and fresh raspberries . Everything was perfect - firm mattress and all was immaculate .Highly recommended !!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Were can you seat quiet on the front porch and experience a hummingbird take a drink of nectar.Watch the butterflies dance. Take an adventure walk and find wild blackberries, mushrooms and grapes. Explore the many different barn animals and meet new people and enjoy their stories. Yep you are right at Locust Brook Lodge! I truly enjoy everything this lodge has to offer, quiet well placed rooms with lots of kid things to do. Carol has a wonderful breakfast to start your day so you can enjoy the peace of the country.Oh and if you want to bring the whole family don't worry your dog can enjoy the fun to.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

I was planning a trip to Butler to visit my mother who is in a nursing faciltiy. I considered the local hotels but then thought to check out the bed and breakfasts in the area. Locust Brook came up and when I checked out the website, I gave Carol the owner a call. Not only was the price better but also I felt that I would be more secure. It is located at the end of a long lane in the country but not far from Butler. Perfect! Carol was very gracious and I am telling family in Butler as away from Butler that this is a wonderful alternative.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

My mother my 9 yr old sheltie and my new 8 week old black lab stayed here on our return trip from Michigan to Eastern PA. A quiet gem in the country. Carol made a great breakfast and even got up at 5 AM to make me, an early riser, a pot of coffee. I drank it while walking the vast property fields and woods. Watching the sun come up. The pet rooms are on the ground floor as to not disturb the other guests. The house is immense and tastefully decorated. The property is well kept. The large game room has a pool table large screen TV and plenty of cuches for you and your pets to sit together and watch TV. We are planning a return visit. Moraine State Park with a lrge lake fishing and boating is a few miles away. Thanks Carol for a wonderful stay.....

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

I recently stayed here while on a business trip. Carol and Ed have built a beautiful B & B. It is conveniently located 5 minutes from Butler and about 40 mins from Pittsburgh. Carol is the best cook and the breakfast were outstanding. It is a very comfortable setting for either business or pleasure. I highly recommend staying here and plan on going back often.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

We live near Pittsburgh and wanted a place near Moraine State Park (Lake Arthur) that could be our home base, in between kayaking and hiking. Locust Brook was even more than we'd hoped to find. This place (which is immaculate!) is set way off the road, behind woods and in front of corn fields, yet only 15 minutes from the park. Ed and Carol made us feel at home, and Carol made a delicious breakfast. Our teenagers loved the satellite TV, pool table and air hockey in the basement; we all loved playing frisbee in the yard, reading on the decks, and the beautiful bedrooms.

The house isn't quaint or old--just a very comfortable, clean and warm place to stay. We'd recommend it without hesitation. -Kathy & family

Been to Locust Brook Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!