“Our Golf Vacation Mecca!” 5 of 5 stars

Conley Resort
740 Pittsburgh Road, Butler, PA 16002   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Butler
Jamestown, NY
“Our Golf Vacation Mecca!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

My friends and I have been been coming to the Conley Resort for 6 years and wouldn't think of ever missing this trip. No better value in the northeast, as we are experienced golf package buyers. Room are older, but very clean and the staff is second to none!

It is a one stop shop for great golf, great food, great drinks, all within a 100 yard walk. The course is well manicured and talking to the starter is a priceless experience.

While large groups have been known to raise the volume in the bar/ pool area, the common thread among the visitors and staff is great people having a great time!

I'm going again for Father's day and am counting down the days!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
home
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I live in the Butler area, and had to put my family up for a wedding. I had not been to Conelys but thought with the pool it would be nice. The price they charge is OUTRAGOUS! for a totally crap room, with a 13 inch tv. AWFUL. I will never ever ever recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Erie, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Recently stayed at the "Resort" for a golf outing. I had heard that the rooms were lacking but thought they could not be that bad. Boy were we wrong. No closets, irons, 19" Inch CRT TVs, No Internet - I have never stayed in a room this horrible! Water temperatures in the shower changed dramatically and my sheets were not clean! Staff was friendly and food was good for the most part but our group will not be making a trip to Conley ever again!

• Stayed June 2010
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

This is the absolute WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. The beds are horrid, thin mattresses that are like sleeping on slabs of concrete. The dresser drawer fell apart when I pulled it out. The leg on the table fell off. When you turned on the hot water in the bath you heard a loud squealing noise from the plumbing, and when I drew a bath for my son the water was yellow. I was given a hard time at check in about the price. The lady argued with me and when I held firm saying this was the price I was quoted on the phone upon booking, she actually said to me ‘fine, you can have it at that price; it will just have to come out of the girls paycheck! This is was we charge, and the money has to come from somewhere so we will just take it from her paycheck’ If this is true, I’m sorry Samantha, but I refuse to be bullied into paying more than the price I was given when booking the room. And to be honest at $114.00 a night, even that was way to much for this ‘resort’. When I first called to book the room, I was told that we would have a room detached from the main hotel and we would have to walk across the parking lot to get to the pool because they were all booked up. When we checked in, we got a room in the main building. The next morning when we went for breakfast, there wasn’t the normal breakfast buffet and when we enquired, we were told that it wasn’t worth it because only 6 people stayed in the hotel the night before.
I booked this hotel even after reading some negative reviews thinking it would be a trade off because the location was close to family we were visiting. I have a two year old and thought he would enjoy the pool and liked that it had an onsite restaurant. NOT worth it.
The pool is nice but only 31/2 feet deep, which wasn’t a problem for us because we have a small child, but may be disappointing to someone not on a family vacation or with older children. The restaurant was nice and food was okay. Most of the staff we encountered were friendly but even if you not golfing, I would recommend telling them you are because I noticed you get treated a lot better, especially by the front desk.
One last note, the last night we were there was a Saturday night and we were awakened by a drunk man leaving the hotel restaurant/bar at 2 a.m. yelling in the halls and pounding on doors. I would certainly think twice if planning on a family trip.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

My family went to stay overnight because we were invited to a birthday party at Conley. WE booked our room ahead of time and the quote we got to stay for the night was $84.00. We booked over the phone, but when we got there the man at the front desk told us we had to pay $139.00. I told him that was not the quote I got on the phone. He told me there was a mistake, but still charged us $139.00. I spoke with the manager the next day, he could care less what I had to say and still insisted that we pay 139.00. My family had a good time, but we wont' be going back any time soon,

slippery rock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

This place was crap! Very noisy at night, extremely overpriced, smells, total "ghetto"! Crazy for the amount of money we spent! Kids running through the halls all hours of the night. Other patrons using loud, obnoxiuos, foul language throughout the night! Not a family hotel at all!! Unless you are trash! Beer cans on the steps, wet towels ont he floors outside the rooms!!! REALLY??? All with a night clerk on duty?? Don't waste your money!

pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Not worth the price. Very outdated and it had a odor . Very noisy with people running around the pool and throughout the Hotel all night. Beer cans were laying throughout the Hallways When we expressed our concern to the owner he didn't care about what happened and was rude. There are several places to stay in the area and I would recommend all of them before Conleys.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Conley Resort? Share your experiences!