“Average hotel, fit the bill” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Butler
Cornwall, Pennsylvania
“Average hotel, fit the bill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

I Stayed 2 nights at the comfort inn in butler on a business trip. it was decent stay. I was given a king suite with a whirlpool upon checkin, but it was right off the elevator and as others stated on here you can hear everything. The whirlpool was a nice touch though it was positioned so you could see the TV from it. Upon entering the bathroom the first time i did pull a spider off the inside of the shower though. The pool was small but functional, and breakfast was again small and limited in choices but i dont eat alot in the morning so it was functional.

Overall it was an average experience, about what i would expect from a comfort inn, nothing too great but it wasnt terribly shoddy and served the purpose.

• Liked — the company paid for it and the whirlpool in the room
  • Disliked — lack of breakfast choices
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

Stayed here for one night while traveling north. Exactly what we wanted. Clean room, friendly staff. The pool was excellent for us and our 2 kids. Breakfast was upscale continental (waffles, etc). Would stay there again.

Stayed October 2007
Viriginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

About the best I can say is truly that we survived our stay. I have never written such a bad review for a hotel. But I feel compelled to warn others about this one. I have stayed at Comfort Inn before and so I was expecting a pleasant mid-grade level hotel experience while we were in town visiting our relatives. However, when we arrived we were given a room on the second floor and as we hauled in all our gear (we have a 9 month old baby) I was overwhelled by the strong fowl odor in the room To me it smelled like cat spray. I went to the front desk to ask for a different room. They very happily gave me another room key for a room just down the hall from the other one. As we moved our things to the second room, the odor was again quite strong, but weary of moving, and not wanting to be a complainer, we decided to just stay put. This hotel allows pets, so I'm not sure if that was the problem with smell in the rooms or what. Our view out the window from our room was entirely blocked by the front entrywayof the hotel, so besides daylight we could see nothing else, but even so, we were making the best of things. Then came our first night. Turns out the walls are paper ,and I do mean paper, thin. This room was the first one outside the elevator, and every time the doors opened and closed we were awakened by the ringing and the clear conversations of those at the elevator. Then since our room was just over the lobby, up through our air vent came the clear and loud conversations of the hotel front desk staff as they stood out front for a smoke and came back in to chat. Finally we got to sleep, but unfortunately the second night was worse. Somewhere around 3 a.m. we were awakened by a big bus pulling up out front and rowdy people unloading. As the racket outside subsided, they came up the elevator onto our floor screaming and cussing and banging the walls. Somebody moved into the room right next to us at that time and continued carrying on and turned on their T.V. ( again, it's like they were in the room with us). We didn't call the front desk, but I was ready to move out. I slept maybe a few hours that night. In the morning my husband mentioned the noisy late arrival of guests to the housekeeper. She told him that the hotel sponsors these bus trips to local bars! We couldn't believe that the hotel encourages and promotes this kind of party atmosphere, when it is so disruptive to other guests! When we checked out we did mention the noisy night we had endured to which they said they had other complaints and were sorry. Front desk staff were pleasant enough but in general were sitting in the breakfast room watching T.V. throughout our stay not really seeming to care about much. Since we will be returning to Butler in the future to stay again, we plan to return to the Fairfield Inn which I highly reccomend. It is on the other side of town (so farther from our family) but is worth the drive. Please don't stay at Comfort Inn. It's not worth it and the price is the same as Fairfield. I use this travel site to choose hotels often and was led to the Comfort Inn as a result, so I'm glad I can give my experience now to help others.

• Liked — Location to our family
  • Disliked — Extremely noisy and smelly
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

We just spent two days at this motel and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable while staying at the motel.

The motel is kept clean and the rooms were nice. If we are in the area again, we would stay at this comfort Inn again.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Butler, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

I booked a king jacuzzi suite here for the night before my wedding. I had requested in advance that they put me in a quiet room so I could get my rest. After checking in, I proceeded to my room which was right next to the elevator. Very noisy. But, the room was clean and appeared in good shape. I fell asleep about 11:00 only to be awakened an hour later. I heard this strange sound and turned on my light. There was water pouring through the ceiling into my jacuzzi! I called the front desk and told them I would need another room. They came up to my room and did give me a new key. So, I had to get dressed in the middle of the night, pack all my stuff, and lug it down the hall to my new room. I was never offered an apology or assistance. In the morning, I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk and he gave me 25% off the room. I later wrote a complaint letter and was refunded 100% of the room. The hotel itself is nice, but service could use some help.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Unresponsive front desk
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2007

This Comfort Inn was tolerable as a place for a few nights during a business trip. Breakfast was fair but limited to coffee, juice, fruit, danishes, other breads, two cereals, milk, and hard-boiled eggs. The room was tidy and clean. The return to "bedspreads" from other chains' new approach to changing sheets-covering-duvets was a little disappointing. Only caution is the steep drive up to the hotel from highway 8---might not be so fun in the winter.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2007

Decided on this property blind - we had originally booked our stay on the east side of Pitts (Conference Center), but since their pool was closed, we contacted the toll-free choice hotels number for another local hotel w/a pool. They gave us this one. We were very happy. Front desk staff was exceptionally friendly, pool was very warm, room was comfortable. I'd stay here again if in the area.

• Liked — had in-room direct internet hookup, warm pool, gracious staff
  • Disliked — out of the way from anything.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!