“Good BYOB in Bryn Mawr” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Bryn Mawr
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cerise features contemporary European cuisine inspired by Chef Ben & his wife Elena Thomas' time abroad and love of open-air markets; those found in every neighborhood with fresh produce, game, cheeses and milk and incredible boiling and bubbling dishes from diverse ethnicities. The dishes will highlight the lighter more modern side of European cuisine, and the diversity of dishes represented by the region's varied landscapes. The name 'Cerise' (French for 'cherry'), is inspired by the cherry season that marks the most abundant time of year in Europe's farm regions and markets.Cerise offers guests a four-course prix fixe menu, with several options for each course. Expect to be full, but not over-stuffed, by meal's end! On Wednesdays and Sundays, a three-course prix fixe option will also be available. We are also open for brunch Saturday and Sunday.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good BYOB in Bryn Mawr”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We visited Cerise last Saturday night, and it was a real pleasure. The food was creative and the price was quite reasonable given the quality of the food. There are two fixed prices-one for 3 courses and one for four courses. Although the size of each course is modest, there is plenty of food whether you go for the 3 or 4 course option.
The first time we ate at this restaurant, my one complaint was the noise level, but they have add sound dampers to reduce the noise.

• Visited August 2014

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“A BYOB I would go back to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were thoroughly impressed with Cerise. The service was excellent, the food was beautifully prepared and the kitchen was fascinating to watch.
Ordinarily I don't like BYOBs. I can't put my finger on why I normally don't like them but Cerise was wonderful. It offers up a Prix fixe menu with your choice of what to order. I had the Kale salad to start. The flavor were so well put together and the texture was a delightful mix of crisp and wilted. I followed this with delicate melt in your mouth gnocchi and for my last course- scallops. Very nicely sautéed and so fresh and sweet.
My husband had the octopus ( beautifully tender and beautifully seasoned) tagliatelle with pecorino cheese followed by the scallops. Our nineteen year son opted for desert as his third course. The profiteroles were luscious ( yes, I had to beg for a taste and I'm not a desert person!) This is one BYOB that I hope stays!!!

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Goat cheese course was the best thing I tried on tasting menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We came here for a family dinner having heard rave reviews. The website led us to believe that before 6pm we did not have to do a prix fixe. When we arrived the only choice was four courses for $47. This was fine because there was some
flexibility around what we could order within the course categories. Everyone had
different appetizers. I think the one that got the best review was the soupe a pistou. Pasta courses were varied with the bolognese and the gnocchi getting high marks. 3 people ordered the hangar steak which was tough like shoe leather and the truffle béarnaise had not a hint of truffle -all tarragon. The goat cheese dessert choice was the best thing I tried. All ingredients were quality and fresh. What I personally had lacked distinctive flavor. The service was awesome though!

• Visited June 2014
Bryn Mawr, PA
“Fabulous Food, Fabulous Concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I love the tasting menu concept, so this was absolutely a dream! The entire menu is a tasting menu, and everything I tried was fabulous. We went for a family dinner, but I can't wait for a larger party -- makes splitting the check a breeze. BTW -- BYOB! So it's win-win in my book. Absolute must try when you are in the neighborhood!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Ideal Expense Account Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Quiet, cozy, atmosphere; friendly, efficient wait staff; outstanding, innovative cuisine. The four menu offerings in each category (salads & appetizers; house-made pastas; meats, fish & vegetables; desserts) produced a flurry of sharing at our family table of 3 omnivores and one vegan. All agreed that Restaurant Cerise had delivered the ultimate dining experience. Ideally, you should pass the sky high bill to your expense account.

• Visited May 2014