“Great meal, friends & family gathering” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 64 Restaurants in Bryn Mawr
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
ny
“Great meal, friends & family gathering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

In town for college reunion, picked Lourdas for dinner and had a fab time! Service was welcoming and professional, food was yummy. Took some home for next night's dinner. Recommend for couples and large groups too!

Haverford, Pennsylvania
“Thank Goodness for Second Chances”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Two years ago I wrote a review for Lourdas and gave them only two stars. I thought the service was bad and some of the dishes were greasy. But I believe when a restaurant corrects their mistakes I have the obligation to re review that restaurant and give them a thumbs up.
Maybe they paid attention to the complaints because the food has gotten a lot better and the service has improved.
I am in love with their Greek Salad and hummus and pop into this place a lot for lunch. I even sometimes even get this salad to go and have it for dinner. It's delicious as is their hummus!
They are now open for lunch. They are still a cash only place and a BYOB, but are very popular with the locals. It's often full at night so make a reservation!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocala, Florida
“Great Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have one request for restaurants when I travel up to PA to visit my parents, that we make a visit to Lourdas for dinner. I've never had a bad experience there. The tables are close so you'll get to know your neighbor but the food is delicious and the atmosphere is lovely. Can't wait for my next trip north to eat there again.

Narberth, Pennsylvania
“Consistently good authentic Greek food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I can't remember how long we have been coming to Lourdas, but it has been a very long time (i.e. 10-15 years). We have NEVER had a bad meal here, and we have often had great meals. Lourdas is BYOB without a corkage fee, so it is wine friendly. You need to be prepared here--it is CASH ONLY, no credit cards. There are two banks nearby in case you forget your cash, but if you read this review, you won't forget, will you? It is usually a good idea to call ahead for reservations, especially on a weekend night. The restaurant is small (15-20 tables) and the tables are pretty close together. The tile floor and wall photos transport you to an outdoor cafe on the Mediterranean. If the restaurant is crowded, as it always seems to be on a weekend night, it will be noisy--there is no carpet on the floor or wall treatments to absorb sound. Apps average around $10; entrees around $20 with some higher. Lourdas serves a wonderful appetizer called Imam, warm baby eggplant with onions, roasted garlic and olive oil. I have never had anything like this anywhere, and it really is a signature dish. My dining partner loves the pikalia (a medley of cold Greek appetizers). She got the seafood stew; I got the lamb shank. These entrees have consistently been excellent over the years. We have had many of the other entrees and we can vouch that they are good, as well. We did not order dessert this time (no room for it), but the baklava is yummy and authentic. If you like Greek food, you will not be disappointed in this restaurant! My only hesitation in publishing this review is that I won't be able to get a reservation because you got there ahead of me.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Narberth, PA
“Great choice for a hot summer night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I ate at Lourdas this evening. We live nearby and have been meaning to try it. The food was fresh and delicious. We had an appetizer of different Greek dips with warm pita. I had a Greek salad and my husband had a roast chicken dish that he enjoyed. The service was professional and we felt as though we were on vacation in our own neighborhood. We'll return.

• Visited July 2013