“A good lunch place if you're patient” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Verdad Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Bryn Mawr
Dining options: Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“A good lunch place if you're patient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have been to Verdad for dinner a number of times and have always been pleased.This is one of the top Spanish restaurants that I know if in the Philadelphia area. For lunch on a Saturday the place was empty, but the service was slow, but our group of four was in no hurry. We had the lunch combo of soup and two tacos (a choice of Mahi-Mahi, Kobe beef or Pork Carnitas) which were excellent. Can't beat it for ten dollars. Dessert took a very long time. We asked our waitress a question about the contents of an item for one of our group with a dietary allergy and never received an answer. The desserts were not much, but then they aren't much in Spain either other than the gelato. Need to step up their game, but we will be back again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Delicious lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I went to Verdad this past week for lunch. The place was empty, so no reservation was needed. The staff was very friendly. I met two other people and we ordered a bibb salad to share and then went off the lunch combo plan. It was a mushroom soup and then I ordered the kobe beef tacos. They were outstanding!!! My mouth is watering for them now. They only give you two and they are quite small, so I could have had probably 2 more, but for 10 dollars with a cup of soup--it all worked out. The service took a while, which was odd since there were not many people in the restaurant, but overall it all worked out. My other companions got the carnitas tacos and the other got the mahi mahi..they all said they were good..but the kobe beef definetely won me over! I will be going back!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Calamari dreaming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great place! Enjoyed a lunch with a large group. Two things YOU MUST order during your visit: the calamari, and the winter spice margarita. I have been dreaming about them since. I cannot wait to return. The only slight issue is parking. On a Sunday we were able to park in a local bank parking lot. I am sure it would not be such an issue if the city had not had a "ton" of snow.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Parents Night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

In town for a hockey tournament and found this restaurant in the "Best of" reviews for Main line restaurants. Didn't disappointment. Snobby DC patrons that loved the food and the drinks. Big hit!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Tasty and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been here twice and both times have had good experiences. The food is very good for the price. Our favorite dish was the beef short ribs. The service was good but the atmosphere is noisy. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited January 2014