“Best Chinese food in Town” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Brookhaven
Cuisines: Chinese
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Chinese food in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have ordered take out a number of times in the past but tonight was my first time dining in. I have yet to be disappointed by Wing Hing. Usually I opt for the Sesame Chicken, which is the best that I've had anywhere. They use all white meat encrusted in sesame seeds with the sauce on the side. Tonight I went for the Pepper Steak. It was simple and very good. The peppers and onions were fresh and the steak was tender. My wife had the Teriyaki Chicken, which she enjoyed thoroughly. The server was friendly and good with my 4 and 7 year old kids, who split a sweet and sour chicken (surprise surprise). We had a really nice time.

It isn't the fanciest Chinese place in the world, but the food is consistently good and the staff is consistently friendly. Definitely recommended if you are looking for Chinese locally.

Linwood, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Chinese in the local area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Too many Chinese buffets have opened over the years and a couple of them have them have closed but Wing Hing stands the test time and they only do a buffet once a year. The food is very good and the plating is special as they decorate the plate. Still served wit fried noodles and hot tea as you sit. Wait staff is very nice. The place could use some updating but your going to eat food which is always good as long as I can remember. Hands down the best Chinese food in the Brookhaven, Aston,Parkside, Chester and Media area.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Chinese in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wing Hinges has been in Brookhaven for over 40 years. I know because I worked there as a teenager! It's in different hands now but the tradition of making great food continues. I have three Chinese restaurants where I live and pass them by to go to Wing hing. They make the best pork fried rice around. We get take out and eat there too. Once we saw them hand making the pork dumplings. No remade stuff. Chicken chow mein and pork lo mein are more favorites. If you live anywhere near here go there. You will find it to be very good and clean. Prices are right where they should be too. Lunch specials can't be beat.

Visited March 2013
Brookhaven Pa.
“Good Chinese food, Great Prices, Decor could use a facelift”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have been eating at Wing Hing since it was opened back in the 1960s. I have always enjoyed their cooking style. To me, they are better food than alot of more expensive Chinese resrurants in the area. The soups are phenominal. The decor, although not dingy or cheap looking could surely be upgraded. Perhaps that is why Take out is so so busy compared to sit in business.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Really good chinese food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

The food is extremely good. I don't go there often because I often forget about them but I love their Pork lo mein and their Chicken lo mein.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere