“King George Inn II Dining Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, Continental
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The King George II Inn established in 1681 is on the National Historic Registry as one of the oldest continuously operated Inns. We serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week with a view of the Delaware River from 2 of our 5 dining rooms. Join us!
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
“King George Inn II Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I have been to the King George Inn II several times since it reopened approximately 18 months ago. The atmosphere and ambiance with the view of the Delaware River, plus the history make this a special place to visit without having to travel to center city Philadelphia.They also have valet parking which is always a welcomed amenity.We have always had a delicious meal from appetizer to entree.I cannot comment on the dessert because we never order that.The only problem we have experienced on numerous occasions is that the service isn't up to par. Even though everyone has been very courteous they are slow and not attentive to our needs.A top notch restaurant should have quality in all aspects in fine dining.Therefore I cannot give it five stars.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

bristol,pa
“Needs makeover - Not same caliber as years past.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The King George II Inn has always had a reputation for really good food and higher prices. While the prices have been reduced to cater to a larger crowd and to match the economy (I guess), the food is not quite the same quality. Our dish was a little too "peppery" for our taste and lobster bisque had very little lobster in it. The service is very good and the view is breathtaking. The rooms are decorated in quaint colonial decor, but needs to be updated a bit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Took a shot. Well worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

As a last-minute Saturday evening event, we got tickets to see The Pirates of Penzance at the next-door Bristol Theatre. We had about an hour before showtime and needed dinner, so we popped into King George in hopes they could accommodate us even though we didn't have a reservation. Thankfully, they could. They were apologetic that they couldn't seat us with a water view, but we were fine with that - we just grateful they could take us. We sat in a lovely, very quiet room. The service was good, though I felt it could've been more attentive since we were one of only 3 couples in the room (the other 2 were done with their meals before we even got our entrees, so really we were the only ones). However, the shrimp scampi was tastier than I thought it would be, and my dining partner enjoyed the prime rib. I wouldn't have a problem going back there if we were in the area again!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newtown, PA
“Happy to see the King George is Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have returned twice to the King George Inn since it reopened, once for lunch and dinner. This place is special to us as we got engaged here 12 years ago. Our most recent visit was on a late Saturday afternoon in March for dinner. It's always nice to have a clear day for overlooking the Delaware River. We sat upstairs and the view could not have been better.

Our meal started with a salad and the Lobster Mac n’ Cheese. This was a big dish and we ended up bringing some home. We could have easily finished it, but needed to save room for the Grilled Pork Tenderloin and my wife got the Mahi Mahi special. Everything was excellent, including the service. So glad to see this Bucks County institution is back where it should be. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Scenic and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband had gone here for a business lunch and kept telling me how much I would like it. He knows me well. The King George II is a lovely old historic inn that overlooks a community park on the banks of the Delaware. The waitresses and waiters were all extremely pleasant and they managed to sit us on the porch where we could overlook the river even though we didn't have reservations. The food was excellent and I don't say that about many places. There was an assortment of dining rooms, from the more formal one with a fireplace, to the breezy informal porch overlooking the river. It looks as though there are tables on the brick patio overlooking the river as well for summer dining. And we will be back, maybe before the summer!! (and while you are there, drive or walk down the street - the old homes are really charming and historic)

• Visited March 2013