“Mixed bag!” 4 of 5 stars

(412) 914-8013
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rumfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 58 Restaurants in Bridgeville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Mixed bag!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Good: were seated promptly, interesting decor, waiter was attentive and knowledgeable, Caesar salad was good as was the herby bread/butter, and the tuna was cooked to perfection.
Not so good: appetizer trio, which included lobster salad, shrimp cocktail, and crab hozel was just so-so. Lobster salad and crab hozel were unimpressive and it would be hard to mess up shrimp cocktail.
Bottom line, nothing was bad and our meal overall was enjoyable, but not enough so to justify the cost. There are many places to go that are less expensive and have better quality food. But, I might go back just for the Caesar salad as it was delicious!

Visited January 2014

“Great night life”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stopped here for drinks during a night out with friends. Drink service was fairly quick, the restaurant was very attractive, and the outside area where we spent the evening was amazing. There were couches around little fire pits, so even though it is mid October, you can comfortably sit outside without a jacket. Drinks were good, atmosphere was closer to a 30 and over crowd, not your typical bar scene, and they had a band playing as well. We did not eat while we were there, so I cannot comment on the food, but I would return in the future. It also seems to be a slightly dressier place.

• Visited October 2013
Pittsburgh PA
“My new favorite....BUT....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Mussels, grilled asparagus, and the ourdoor pig roast - The food is quite good, with happy hour food and drink specials and appetizers reasonably priced and of fair portion size. Some fresh twists on the menu, food and drink wise. Signature and old fashioned cocktails well made with fresh squeezed juices and ample garnishes. Generous pours. I was charmed by my first sip of a Negroni. I have been back about 6 times in maybe three months, weeknights and Fridays, which get very lively.
BUT....I have sat at the bar every visit but two....there are always 4-6 people behind the bar and still we have sat with empty glasses for 10-15 or more minutes, trying desperately to make eye contact with bar servers who seem more engaged in wiping bottles and arranging glasses....when the bar was only half full! ONCE in 5 visits a bar server introduced herself....then ignored us for the rest of the night. We flagged down another bartender for our second round.... had to almost reach across the bar and grab her to get her attention, despite her standing in front of us, FACING us. This was a server who had waited on us three times in the past month. None of those times was busy.On one visit I requested my favorite Negroni, one of Rumfish Grille's signature drinks, and was told they were out of Campari. Out of Campari? Negroni is one of the drink specials on the menu, Campari is a key ingredient, it is the beginning of the weekend ( a Thursday evening) and there are two other full bars in house that might have a bottle........I believe the barely legal bimbette learning bartending that night didn't want to make the effort to search out another bottle. No appology was made.Some customer service training is desperately needed.
Also be aware that the Happy Hour Specials are at the indoor main bar only! One beautiful autumn evening we sat at one of the outdoor bars at about 5:30....no Campari, so I ordered a club soda and my companion a Margarita. 8.50. Happy hour starts at 6. No food but the grilled beef that was on a spit nearby ( smelled wonderful but we wanted fish....no fish, a different menu at that bar) and fish and other menu items at the indoor restaurant only.
We moved inside and I ordered two drinks at Happy Hour at the "main" bar, after waiting for a server to approach us at our table. 14.50 for a glass of wine and a Margarita....Happy Hour prices not honored at the bar becuse we weren't SITTING at the bar. We were also told we couldn't sit where we were because it was reserved. My companion went to the hostess and she sat us at the same table. Still a wait before the server returned which is why I got our drinks myself.
Incidents such as these took a little of the gloss off of my first flush of love for this place.

So, why is it my new favorite? If you sit AT the bar at Happy Hour, the atmosphere, the food and the drinks are refreshing,fun, and reasonably priced. Decor is classy but comfortable; the bar, the tables and booths and the wonderful outside beach area....which really does have a resort feel. It is very clean. It's an all ages place, although we watched it become a very busy "singles" spot during and after Happy Hour on a Friday. The prices for food and drink are reasonable......if you are sitting AT the bar at Happy Hour. No two fingers of house wine in a huge, 9.00 glass. I have never had any bad food there... garlic mussels are fantastic; peel and eat shrimp portion almost more than I could finish, plenty for two and only 5.00 as a happy hour special (NB....if you are sitting at the bar); salmon with grilled asparagus, arugula salad with candied walnuts and goat cheese, the grilled octopus and some amazing and inspired sauces. I fantasize about my next visit!
The hostesses and the man at the raw bar are assets...friendly and attentive. I've had the smae server both times I sat at a table indoors and she was good. But I like the ambiance and action sitting at the bar. It appears that many guests do. It is always packed.
Please work with your bar people to make us feel welcome there! This place could be a real a gem. Right now it is very inconsistant.
Most of the time there is plenty of free parking. I gather that late Fridays and Saturdays, despite Rumfish's location in a big strip mall with shops that close at 9, parking can be tight.
Valet parking is available for 5.00.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Birthday Party for a friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were invited to attend a birthday dinner with friends at Rumfish Grille last weekend. Having looked at the menu online in advance we were excited to try the food . Our friends had already been there and had already given it 2 thumbs up so what could go wrong . We valeted the car for $5 which made a packed parking lot easier to navigate. As we walked in my wife slipped on a wet floor and fell and was momentarily stunned. Naturally all of our friends were right there to witness it . We helped her up and a slight bruise on her hand and a little embarrassment was all of her injuries. We all were quickly served drinks and taken to our tables. We decided to try a variety of things and liked the raw oysters a shellfish trio appetizer and spicy shrimp tacos. Friends had dinners including steaks and seafood dishes and all proclaimed them excellent. Afterwards we went outside and sat around the gas fire pits where comfy seating and ample drinks made it feel like a night around a campfire. The outside is still being finished but has 2 bars 5-6 fire pit seating groups and a stage for DJ's and bands. Really a fun space that welcomes you and with great food it is sure to be around a long time. Best to go with a group of friends but we won't hesitate to go alone.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Huge improvement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We tried Rumfish a few months ago and it was just OK, really nice place, but food was average. We heard the outdoor beach section was now open, so we went again. Much better experiance overall. It was very busy but front of house staff were well organized and use cellphone to contact you when table is ready which I think is fine rather than carrying a pager. Our wait for a table for four was 1 hour 15 mins after arriving at 7:15. So we checked out the beach area which is actually classed as a seperate area so charges a cover after 9pm but its free if you dine in the grill. Nice concept, water features, sofa's and firepits, its certainly unique in the area and I was impressed with efficency of wait staff out there. Got the call our table was ready spot on time, we had two other friends join us last minute, so asked if table could be made a six and the girls at desk sorted it immediately, could not of been better. Food was excellent, I had scallops with soba noodles, wonderful. Everyone enjoyed it and we will be back for more.

• Visited August 2013