“Uneven but worth a try” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 58 Restaurants in Bridgeville
Cuisines: American
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Uneven but worth a try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've been to Sauce more than a handful of times for lunch because I work nearby. Some days I get great fries and a good chicken salad wrap while other times I get greasy old fries and inattentive service. One time as I was passing the kitchen area, I noticed a cook sticking her finger in the chicken salad for a taste...made that order just a little less appealing. I've also had the burgers. I can't remember anything but neutral feelings about those. So take your chances-you might hit it on a good day!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Awful food, awful experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I usually don't write reviews on restaurants unless I have an exceptional experience or TERRIBLE experience and this trip to Sauce happened to be the latter of the two. I visited sauce yesterday for lunch as I was in the area. Once I sat at the bar, ready to place a to go order, the bar tenders attitude made me second guess even being there. I placed my order for a WELL DONE burger with a side of french fries. I paid my tab, with no "thank you" "have a nice day" "thanks for stopping" response from the bar tender...she said NOTHING to me. I got back to my office and started to eat my lunch and when I hit the center of the burger, ICE COLD MEAT! Disgusting. I then decided I'd eat the french fries in hopes of just eating something for lunch. The french fries tasted like they were DAYS old and fried in grease too many time to count. On my way home from work I decided to call the restaurant to tell them that if a customer is going to pay $10+ for a burger, they should care what the customer receives. Well, I didn't get that far...the lady who answered the phone gave me so much attitude about asking to speak to a manager then stated she was one that I no longer cared to even talk to her. I should have known this establishment wasn't going to be a good experience as the restaurant had 2 people at the bar during lunch hour. I will never visit Sauce again and I would never recommend to a friend or family member to do so either. Step it up, Sauce! If you want to charge people for "world famous burgers" then serve them along with a nice attitude!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, Canada
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place was really good. If we stayed longer we would have gone back a second time. Mac and cheese was awesome so was the burgers. I had a big salad. Place is cool. Small room in the back for a bigger party which looked neat.

New York City, New York
“Decent burgers, cool atmosphere, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in while traveling-- unusual but delicious handmade burgers. Kobe beef is fantastic. I'll be back next time I am in the 'burgh.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
washington,pa
“Great food and vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This was my family's 3rd time here. All 3 times were excellent. The food is fresh,made to order,and delicious. The waitresses are some of the most pleasant around. Lots of tv's,so you won't miss anything. Nice selection of beer as well.

• Visited September 2013