“Great Service, Clean, and Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Breinigsville
LaVale, Maryland
“Great Service, Clean, and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I checked in to this Hilton on Friday, August 3rd, 2012. We arrived at about 3:30 pm. There was a line at the front desk. Not knowing, the computer systems were down making the process of checking inn Guests, a nightmare for the young lady at the front desk. As others were complaining and growling about the wait, I patiently waited for my turn. The young lady at the front desk was working with a hand held radio to talk to housekeeping about rooms available. Yes, a bit of a slow process, but who expected the computer system to malfunction. Even though she could hear the ignorant comments of the unhappy Guests, she just kept smiling and doing her job. I work as a Manager in a restaurant and know how these situations can be. I greatly commend this young lady. I even told her so myself. This Hilton is very clean inside and out. My room is very comfortable and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn! So glad you were able to experience our warm hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon. Richard Sanchez- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
COLLIERVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

After a long day driving, we were happy to pull in to this hotel. The front desk was so friendly. The room was large and clean, appeared to be fairly new. The gym equipment was unremarkable but adequate (newer machines would be nice). We were on the first floor very near the large meeting room. Early in the evening it became apparent that a large event was taking places. I was worried about the noise level but we couldn't hear a thing--the room was well insulated.

The Pantry next to the front desk was wonderful. My two kids choice frozen meals for dinner, went to the room and threw them in the microwave. There are some healthy choices for light meals and snacks which I appreciated. Also. there are two nice outdoor areas with tables and chairs to relax.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels. RichardsSanchez-General Manager
WILLIAMSPORT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is very clean. One of the other couples that were staying at the Hotel had a problem with the bathroom. The moved them to another room and handled it very well. The only issue we had was wih central reservation that quoted one price, and it was different when we checked in. I told the Manager that the bathtubs were slippery when taking a showe. He said they are fixing the bathtubs this coming week.

Room Tip: Stray away from he rooms by the pool. The can be loud from the people going to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West! so glad you were able to experience our warm hospitality. We're contracting a company for non-skid services which will be complted very soon. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Richard Sanchez- General Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks because it is an approved hotel by my company. It is well located for access to my work, restaurants, and access to expressways. The room was very quiet, relatively clean and updated, nothing really to rave or complain about. There is a refrigerator and microwave, which is very nice. There's also a LCD tv which is nice (not that i got to use this too much).

I had some issues while I was at this hotel though:
1) Missing laundry - although it was not the hotel fault (the laundry person did not send the missing blouse) but having the staffs not updating each other and having the need to re-explain to each of the frontline staffs over and over again about my missing laundry was a bit of a headache. Would appreciate that in future the staffs at least put in a remark so the next person knows whats going on (basic customer service?) -- I have travelled quite a lot and never had this issue in any other establishment.

2) Again not the hotel's fault but having a fire alarm going off at 5.30am on a Sunday morning is not the ideal way of getting up (the one day I was expecting to sleep in). Wished there was more information provided as to why we needed to stay out for an hour before given an all clearance to move in back.

Anyway overall the hotel staff was very friendly. No free breakfast, but fairly priced compared ot other hotels. They even accomodated my late checkout request -- nice touch.
Although with all the issues above; I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
I am so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. Please, consider ataying with us again. I am confident we can make your stay one of the best you've ever experience.
Richard Sanchez-General Manger
Greensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This hotel understands the needs of the business traveler. Of course, like every Hilton Garden Inn property they have refrigerator and microwave in every room. The staff is very quick to accommodate the special needs of the individual.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn ! so glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton Garden Inn Hospitality and we look forward to seeing you again soon... Richard Sanchez-General Manager
Göteborg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West for one night in June 2012.

The hotel is located by the interstate, far enough for it not be a noise concern.

Cleanliness was ok, bed comfort fine thanks to the Garden Inn adjustable mattress firmness.
Bathroom was adequate.

However, walls and the doors are thin, and the night was noisier than I like.
What did not help in the morning is that hot breakfast is served at the table: it took about 10-15 minutes to get, which I had not planned for. Stay away from breakfast if you are on a tight schedule in the morning.

The staff was very friendly, but the facilities are starting to show their age.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator to get as far as possible for noise. Breakfast is good, but p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your concern with us. We have changed our breakfast operation where you can order breakfast at the window directly from our Chef and help yourself to a full buffet in the mean time while you wait. Also, we will be renovating our Lobby and guest rooms by the end of the year and changing mattresses for you comfort. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I do hope to see you again soon so we can pamper you. Please, do not hesitate to contact me for a future stay. Richard Sanchez- General Manager
Newport, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night and had to use some points to get the rate to a much more reasonable one.

A few notes on the property itself, it's near I-78 but far enough away so we did not hear constant traffic or trucks or anything. Several restaurants very close-by and gas stations including a Wawa not even one minute down the road. The lobby is nice and pretty standard HGI. Breakfast was good and included free for us, being Hilton Gold. The regular price of $16 or so is a bit steep, IMO but it does include eggs cooked to order/hot food as well as the usual breakfast staples. As any traveler knows this is not included with a normal rate, so if you are a light breakfast person you will not it worth your while.

The room was very clean and pretty standard for a HGI, the usual amenities of a fridge/microwave, free wifi that was fast, etc. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had a great night's sleep on it. New LCD HDTV with decent HD channel selection but remote commands lagged, LG hotel TVs are much better than this Philips hotel model.

A few things were subpar in our room. The thermostat was literally missing a button so you had to use a pen to press the button to cycle the fan from auto to on. The clock was not set right and is supposidly an "auto set" one that syncs to a signal that provides the right time, but there was no way to manually adjust the time! So it was completely useless and we just unplugged it and used our phones for alarms. ABC,FOX, and NBC did not work at all, due to a satellite issue. The bathoom was small and kinda cramped. Showerhead sprayed water all over and wasn't very powerful. The tub seemed narrow, and there was a small amount of brown in one corner. The corner tiles are starting to discolor from the water leaking from the shower. Plus no soap dish, shelf or hooks whatsoever, everything had to be placed a foot off the ground in the corners. Not very well thought out. Also no "DND" hanger in our room! No way to tell housekeeping to not come yet. These are all things I would expect at perhaps a Fairfield inn or a hotel a level or two below an HGI. Not things I would expect in a HGI that regularly goes for $100 or more a night. I think the rooms are rapidly approaching renovation age, they did not seem very new.

However we slept well, no noise issues(with fan on constant), and the staff we encountered were all very friendly so it was not by any means a disaster of a stay. But a lot of little things added up to only a 3 out of 5 star rating for this property.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter, noise is not an issue here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us comments. We’re addressing your concerns to improve you overall experience; we offer a made to order breakfast for only $9.95 all you can eat and complementary coffee, tea and fruit. We will be renovating our entire Hotel lobby by the end of the year, followed by guest’s floors and rooms. We do hope to see you soon and again after we have finished the renovations. Thank you for your loyalty and business.
Sincerely, Richard Sanchez- General Manger

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West? Share your experiences!