“Best Western York” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Breezewood
sarasota, United States
“Best Western York”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The check in was horrible. There was one person behind the desk and several people in line. She was very slow and unpleasant. The rooms where ok but dated. The breakfast was hard boiled eggs and dry goods. The check out staff was a nice group unlike the check in. The internet was ok but the tv was old .

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Richmond, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Dingy room with noisy air conditioner. They charge for breakfast in a cramped, poorly stocked cubby hole with no staff to clean up after people or make them do it themselves. My experience after I left actually got worse. I realized that I had left some new clothes in my room. But the front desk said the maids went through the room and found nothing. In other words, the maid found my possessions and decided to keep them and not tell anyone. I hate it when you can't even trust the people who come into your room.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travelers are raving about these Breezewood hotels

NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The room was booked by a third party and we stayed here while traveling to Ohio. As per prior reviews this property is tightly situated between a service station and a Hardees. Parking was a little tight due to us having some larger vehicles. The room was old and worn. I'm not sure if it was once a smoking room or not but it smelled really bad. The AC took almost all night to get the room cooled down. The beds were just OK and the TV had snow on all the channels. It seems to me this property needs to be updated. One last note: the hotel is right at a stoplight and the traffic is terrible.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I have traveled from coast to coast over the past few months and I would say that this hotel is about average. The rooms are clean and semi updated and the parking situation is reasonable. From the exterior view I quickly determined in my mind that this would be a less than memorable stay at an average hotel. I quickly changed my thinking when I was greeted by two polite and well groomed front desk clerks. Both were checking other people in when I got there but that didn't prevent Denyce from looking up from her computer long enough to say Hello and let me know I would be taken care of very shortly. This may seem small but when you have stayed at as many hotels as we have its a big deal to know that you are going to be more than just a credit card number. The other desk clerk, Curtis also spoke and smiled at us. Denyce ended up checking us in and she was both friendly and professional. The check in process was comfortably fast without rushing us too much. I noticed the other guest was receiving the same treatment from Curtis. We left the lobby knowing exact directions to our room and everything else we needed to know about the hotel. Just as expected, the room was simple and clean. I'd like to say that very few hotels truly deserve a return visit based on the hotel itself. It is the front desk staff that makes or breaks the place. This hotel has winners at the front desk. Denyce and Curtis were a great team and a perfect choice for the check in shift. Those two alone are enough to make me stop in Breezewood again. I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed July 2013
New Knoxville, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We ended up at this hotel because we could not make it to our planned destination. We were exhausted and they did allow pets. If the price of the room had been $50 or less I wouldn't complain, but for $120.00 it is a major rip off. We had a dirty room right behind a Hardees drive thru - I mean right behind - the cars in the lane had to be careful not to hit the back of my small car. The "breakfast" was disgusting, I din't know what it cost until later. Don't plan to stay here.

Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Best Western is a good chain but our room on July 6, 2013 was musty. The pillows were thrown on the beds. The toilet commode was undersized, like sitting on a torture chamber. The AC unit did not dehumidify properly. If we had not been tired after a long day of traveling, we would and in retrospect should have left. Upon leaving we found an air-wick in the closet so they knew the room had a bad odor. Besides that Breezewood is a mass of second-rate restaurants and a traffic nightmare (and I'm a native Pennsylvanian). Avoid if you can.

Williamsburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were very pleased with the location, comfort, cleanliness of this hotel. We selected it primarily because of its location and pet policy. Aside from a non-working refrigerator, all was well with our stay and we would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!