“WARNING TO ALL FUTURE GUESTS....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

Americas Best Value Inn
You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   920 E Main St., Bradford, PA 16701 (Formerly De Soto Motel)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bradford
“WARNING TO ALL FUTURE GUESTS....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

WARNING TO ALL FUTURE/PERSPECTIVE GUESTS......
We (3 adults, 2 small dogs) stayed in room #6 on 11/29/11.
Everything I say is from our personal experience and I hope whoever stays here does not have the same experience we did.
Upon arrival we knew this was a older hotel, but on their web cite they stated it was updated. Now we have stayed in some places we paid $55/night that were a heck of a lot nicer than this place! For our room, which had 2 double beds - which by the way were TINY, my mothers feet hung off the bed and shes 5'8" - micro and mini fridge, we paid $125, that includes $15 for our 2 small dogs. They charged us half price for my dads service dog which is not even legal! But we are not complainers. (before you say that we got this room because we have dogs let me make it clear that we were assigned this room before they knew we had dogs.)
Anyway, once we arrived the outside of the hotel is run down and old. There is an empty resturant building right across the parking lot. We had to drive around to find our room, the numbers are impossible to see on the doors unless your right on top of them!
We noticed before we got out of the car, to go to our room, that there was several shady men hanging outside their rooms smoking (which was very potent in the air) and drinking lining there empty cans up against the window.
Once inside the room, it was stifling hot! We turned down the temp but didn't work! We had to go to the office and borrow a fan and open our door, leaving the chain on the door, with the fan infront of the cracked door to cool it down! We tried to open the windows but they took the crank handles off so you couldn't open them, then ontop of that, on the outside they have them bolted shut!!!!
So no fresh air! The walls are paneled with looks to be wood that was painted over and several of the panels are starting to bow away from the walls. On the back wall they installed a new conditioner which could not be plugged in! The wall all around the hole in the wall was still raw spackle and the wall was cracking and never painted over. All around the ac was gaps in the wall.
The tiles in the bathroom were cracked all over and out dated. There was no hairdryer or even an outlet to plug anything in in the bathroom!!!! The shower constantly dripped, the drain was pulled out and bent leaving a hole and unable to take a bath, above the shower mold was growing on the walls and the window was frosted glass but had no curtain! So someone would be able to at least see your silhouette from outside! The toilet is so close to the sink and tub it rediculus! Its a tight fit for even the smallest person!! Let me not forget the towels! They were rough and stained, they reminded me of a pumice stone by the texture! By the way I suggest bringing your own shampoo and body wash. Theres is of very poor quality.
The mattresses are old and unconfortable. One bed had a mattress for a boxspring. Ontop of that it looked like stained dog urine on the mattress!
The pillows are just fabric with no protective covering, so lice is a possibility if you stay here.
The dresser drawers are crooked and won't shut.
Everything is filthy, the phone is coated in finger prints and dust, all the lamps were covered in dust, the side of the fridge and micro were covered in dripped food going down the side. Everything was just gross.
I would expect this type of thing from a place that charged $35 but for $125 this is absolutely disgusting! Not happy at all about staying here even for the one night! I was hoping to enjoy my stay figuring for the price we paid it would at least be nice and clean with some nice amenities, but we were completely wrong!
The only good thing about this place that I found was that the guy at the front desk tried to accommodate the best he could.

I am not one to complain but this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! I was seriously expecting roaches to scurry down the walls! If it was some $35 place I wouldnt have said anything, but for $125 I had to warn the others who were thinking about staying here. I'm not telling anyone not to stay or to stay, I just feel the people should know what this place is like, at least in our experience. I hope no one else had/has the same experience we did! Good luck to all you future guests!!!

• Stayed November 2011
bradfordmj, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear Felicia,
Thank you for sharing your experience at this place..
You mentioned that you paid $125.00,That is not true. The rate was $76.10.Any additional charge you paid doesn't count your room rate. The room rate is depands on the area you travel.
If you travel in a big city,for the same facility you might pay 2 times or 3 times higher..
People out side were the hotel guests like you , they prefered to smoke out side ,so the room doesn't smell smoke.smoking out side is not prohibited in our hotel.We do not charge pet fee for service animal, we charged only for that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!